Thread: problem with ArtRage and Bamboo tablet

Gallery
    View images

problem with ArtRage and Bamboo tablet

Hi, Dave. I have started a new thread as requested and here are the answers to your questions:
    1/ What operating system you're using e.g. OS X 10.5.6, Windows Vista 64 Home
    Windows XP Home

2/ Does the cursor always jump in a specific direction when you touch the stylus to the tablet? e.g. left, up, right. Does it jump in a random direction?
    Most of the time it seems to jump down, altho once it jumped down and right.

3/ Roughly how far is the cursor displaced from its original location when you touch the stylus to the tablet?
    About an inch and a half on the screen.

To recap slightly, I am having a problem when trying to trace an image in ArtRage ... at hover, my cursor is on one place, when I touch the stylus to my tablet, the cursor jumps to another place.
    Now, I am a newbie to using ArtRage and to using a tablet, so I may be missing some important point. I have been running the beginner videos from the forum, and I **DO** have the option for "Precise Cursor" set to ON.
    Thanks!

Sheila

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks for the info, Sheila! That's definitely an odd problem.

To start with, try downloading the following file:

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/files/no_ink.inf

Place the file in ArtRage's resources subfolder

e.g. c:\program files\ambient design\artrage 2\resources\ <-- put the file here

Then start up ArtRage. Does that fix the problem?

One note: If you hold the stylus just above the surface of the tablet and move it around, you should see the cursor following your movements. If you stop and place the stylus against the surface of the tablet, the pointer should remain in the same place. If you were to lift the stylus away from the tablet more than a couple of inches, then place it down somewhere else, the cursor should 'jump' over to the new location. This is becase the tablet can't track where the stylus is when the stylus isn't close to its surface. Check that this isn't what you're seeing there.

If that doersn't help, regarding the tablet driver, try downloading the latest driver software for your tablet from Wacom at www.wacom.com.

Before installing it:

1/ Go to Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs as 'Wacom Tablet' in the list usually. Clicking on that item, then 'Remove' will allow you to remove the Wacom tablet software. If you don't see it there

2/ Restart your computer

3/ Install the latest version of the tablet drivers via the file you downloaded from Wacom

Then see if that helps with the problem.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    I was thinking i might be a calibration problem maybe.
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

Gallery
    View images
    For additional information;

Maybe if you have a Microsoft mouse and you use the intellipoint software it can cause errors in usage of different hid.
    Uninstall the intellipoint software.

Hans

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks, I'll be trying out the suggestions after the weekend. We are going away for the weekend tomorrow.

Sheila

Gallery
    View images
    I've just got my Bamboo and i'm having a blast, i have the small one, there are a fair few settings in the Tablet properties to adjust, i would suggest having a looksy at those too

Especially the one called "Tip Feel" that you can adjust for Soft Or Firm, another one that may be causing your problem is the "double Click Distance" right underneath the last one. Also check the tracking settings, reset them to default and see if that changes things. Remeber to "Force Proportions" apparently it helps to keep the size of the tablet area accurate to the area on your monitor.

Hope it helps
    Last edited by Silentman; 07-17-2009 at 02:39 AM.
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power