Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Where have all the flowers gone?

Dear Mr Akey, I have read this thread with great pleasure and ohhhhhhhh some dread. What a project you have in front of you but if you are as good with your hands as you are with your words then a beautiful garden will eventually appear. I wish you all the best dear Mr Akey and will keep watching for progress.
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Situation desperate. . . divas have me surrounded. . . no sign of Joel. . . m-m-m-m-m-ust c-u-u-t g-r-a-s-s-s. . . .
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Terrific thread.

This looks like great thread. So glad you are try to save it. I am adding to reading list, because there are so many I haven't seen. You will hear from me soon!

Knock on wood - No further run-ins with diva Ronins. But I have to take down a couple large trees that died in the drought. So I'm being cautious about saying that everything's hunky dory. I learned my lesson.

Thanks for reviving this old thread. Although I still wince a little through the smiles, while the expressions on the face may appear very similar.

The vegetable garden never manifested owing to a sudden strange white mold appearing on all the plants which started at one end of the garden and quickly crossed to the other. So it's a relatively untended decorative garden only at this point. The divas are okay with that.

I don't mind the natural look. Reminds me of my long ago grandmother's garden. She was a great gardening fan, and I recall when I was a very young lad being completely dwarfed by greenery and rose bushes in the humidity of upstate New York. And there was a gorgeous stone bird bath pedestal in the back, which was like coming across an ancient ruin in the jungle, though I was so young I had no references for such associations. But there's something lingering deep in the gene pool that knows and loves thicker vegetation rather than the coiffed, mow-and-blow gardens of today's yards. I may be falling under the diva's enchantment though. . .

Thanks again for the look in.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

A great story Mr Akey, and well before my time.

Now, to the mold.... you just spray milk on it when it first happens and it goes away. I get it each year at the end of summer on my zucchinis and silver-beet, spray it and it is gone within days. Natural and non-toxic. I have heard it works on black spot on roses, but haven't tried that.

Handy gardening hint over!!

Ah, it seems like only yesterday. . .

You know, that's a mixed bag using milk in the garden. . . especially since I hear the little divas are lactose intolerant. "Oh my word, Marybluebelle, the bullfrogs are astir tonight. . . <tee hee>"

I must confess a perverse curiosity what would happen. 'Every body needs milk' as they used to say in the adverts.

And thanks for the gardening hint. I may just give it another go after all.

Hope you are feeling better and I suggest shiny things and wind chimes... one distracts the other may scare off any unwanted mythological pranksters in your garden...and possibly the non-mythological creatures too.

Very well written story albeit an ouchie one.

D Akey, it looks to me you should take up staying out of the yard. You are not yard friendly...lol. I think a Indian shaman (One Who Walks in the Yard) might be in order for you and the yard. Anyway, enjoy your new garden.
    The past is history, the future is a mystery, all you have is the present