Thread: Anyone up for an ATC swap?

Gallery
    View images

Anyone up for an ATC swap?

This is just me thinking aloud really so I need your feedback.

I'm wondering if there would be enough interest in a digital Artist's Trading Card swap here on AR. For those of you who may not be familiar with the idea, these are tiny works of art, always in 3.5 x 2.5 inch format, signed and dated by the author, originally meant for collecting or trading and not for sale.

These are the lines I'm thinking along.
    1) People would sign up for a swap on a given theme, restricted to say 10 artists, so they would be limited editions, as is normal for ATCs.
    2) Participants would simply right-click to download the file and print it off.
    3) All artwork should be signed on the front. Recipients could add names and dates to the back after printing or authors could provide a certificate to print off and attach to the back.

Any Interest? Any improvements on the scheme? Have I missed anything. Do you hate the idea and think I should be boiled slowly in oil for even suggesting it? (Answers on a postcard)

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Rose - thanks for your response. It's great to hear from someone in the know. I've done both real and digital swaps in the past and it's a nice way to share our art.

How wonderful that you can create art on the iTouch! I can see it generating a whole new genre of art!

Have just checked out your website and saved your blog to favs. I too have done encaustic art and also Zentangles or doodle art. We seem to have lots in common.
    Last edited by Madge; 07-10-2009 at 12:01 PM.

Gallery
    View images
    i think this is a cool idea. im down for this! also this would be a great way for us to get our names out and about.
    my work- gusion85.deviantart.com

Gallery
    View images
    Thank you Chambersecrets. Glad to have you on board.

Rose - My ATC activities have been on the UKScrappers forum (ages ago)and amongst a private group of friends. Nothing like as extensive as your experience. I have a friend who has collected thousands of ATCs and she displays them on boards in her local library sometimes. I keep mine in an album.

Gallery
    View images
    Quite frankly I've never done anything like this. It sounds like a lot of fun. I'm so down with it.

Gallery
    View images
    I'd be interested but i don't think my quality of artwork would be worth having lol, even if it was an original
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

Galena, Kansas, USA (Southeast corner of the state)
    Gallery
    View images
    I would love to do this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do we do? When do we do it..... how do we do it... and where do we do it.....

But I do wanna do it!

Hugggggggggs, Julie

Ps.....always keep in mind I'm blonde
    Do we have to accept what life hands us? Or can we say no thank you and ask for a different flavor?

Gallery
    View images
    Oh wow - sorry, I've been away for a few days and it's so nice to come back to see this idea coming to fruition. Frankly I thought it had hit the dust. Thank you for your interest.
    Since it looks like we have a runner I'll formulate another thread to open up the swap over the coming weekend. All details to be announced then.
    Thanks again!