Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Colours of ArtRagers - palette thread (UPDATE - Request Your Palette)

Colours of Misterpaint

Misterpaint needs no introduction, his enormous contribution to this forum is probably unmatched. A huge tip of the hat to such a generous person. So without further ado... let me introduce the

Misterpaint Master Palette
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Attached Files Attached Files

Juz! Absolutely fantastic! This is not only a wonderful art supply you have provided, but also it is just fascinating to look at these palettes and learn. Thanks for all your time on these. A labor of love. You are truly a color master. They are just amazing!!!

Chamber, Byron and GZ
    Thanks so much for the enthusiastic feedback.

Its fun to see where in the spectrum people hang

Colours of GZairborne

GZairborne is one of the many who help to make this a welcome and nuturing place for artists of all levels. You'd be hard pressed to find a piece of art in the gallery section that does not contain words of encouragement from him.

So let me thank him (GZ you rock!! ) and present the:-

GZairborne Master Palette

Juz, this continues to be a fabulous project. It's terrific reviewing the unique qualities in each pallet - a different take on the individual artists and their unique artistic inclinations. Hope you are able to keep 'em coming. Sooner or later certainly there will be the Puddy Pallet?
    Last edited by byroncallas; 07-12-2009 at 09:14 PM.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

wow! thank you Juz. Hey I can use my own palette! in case I forget. ha ha.
    you are very thoughtful and kind to do this. I would have thought I would have only purples and blues mostly looking at my gallery. ha. It does indeed look like I have a large selection of those. I assure you all my colors were scientifically picked for the highest degree of artistic color principles and theories. ya right. hee hee. Thanks again Juz!

Byroncallas is exactly the type of person that any forum would benefit from. Not only does he have a lively enthusiasm for all things related to art and technology, he willingly disseminates anything he's absorbed along the way. So a huge shout out to a fabulous community member, and here is the:-

Masterpalette of ByronCallas

Yo Juz, mucho thanks a million. You're a princess if there ever was one, the bees knees, and all that other good stuff. Thanks for the wonderfully warm comments. And I love the pallet. I WILL use it. And I intend to experiment with several of the others you've posted too. They are great tools. Again, thanks a gillion.

Question: If I understand correctly, you've selected the nearest colors that should be reliable for CYMK print reproduction? If so, you've made my life about six-million degrees simpler. Am I on track?

Cheers for sure.
    Byron
    //

Yes thats right Byron, I've reduced any colour values that were out of cmyk gamut back to within, to ensure print-safe palettes

That's great Juz. Thanks again. Your answer raises questions, the first an obvious yes, but just checking; the remaining I'm not so sure about. The answers should be helpful for others too.

1. I can add a color from another of the pallets above to mine, and stay in CMYK gamut, right?

2. If I mix any of my colors to make a new color to add to my pallet, will the new color be in CMYK gamut, or is that a shot in the dark?

3. The extended question here, of course, is if I mix my colors on canvas while painting, will all the resulting colors remain in CMYK gamut?

4. Will mixing white or black with any of my colors risk moving the result out of CMYK gamut?

5. Finally, how do you determine if a particular color is in CMYK gamut? You seem to have that down pat. What's your trick, or tool for determining?

Thanks again for a winning thread. I'll be coming back frequently to find the pallets of each new artist you add.

Best, Byron
    //