Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Colours of ArtRagers - palette thread (UPDATE - Request Your Palette)

Yay! Just the news I wanted to hear...

Quote Originally Posted by Juz View Post
    largely you will be fine to blend and still stay within gamut.
    Is there a thread in which we're sharing our print-safe .col files?

Hi Margot
    Just about every .col file i've put up is cmyk safe as I always check each individual colour value to make sure its within cmyk gamut. So a good start would be to check the threads i've posted for palettes. Faber castel pencils, TRIA markers, DC Comic inks etc.

The oil spectrum for giclee one is now included in the Artrage product its called Oil_Spectrum.col and is in the program folders resources (not the user resources). This one is an excellent palette as its been tested to match both real world oil paint colours to real world giclee printers ink colours.

Note: Blending can take you out of cmyk gamut range but starting with print safe palettes will mitigate how much colour is out of gamut quite a lot.

There are a couple that are just for monitor output (eg/ some of the ones for making stickerbrushes in my Understanding sticker colour tutorial), but these all state that they are monitor safe only clearly.
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)

Smile Thanks so much Juz!

That's so helpful - will do! :-)

But so much for work and printing ... I've been engrossed with scribblings for my own enjoyment since I purchased my new Asus EP121. CMYK? Who cares! lol

I've been engrossed with scribblings for my own enjoyment since I purchased my new Asus EP121. CMYK? Who cares! lol
    I can totally relate... I just love my ep121 too... so much fun to use
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)

Are you still doing these?

Hello, I was wondering if you were still making these kinds of palettes and if so, would you mind doing one for me? YThe link to my dA paage is in my profile...