Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FireWorx Spectacular WIP

Gallery
    View images

FireWorx Spectacular WIP

Hi All, figured it was about time i got some artwork up here for all of you too see.

I'm currently working on a project i have dubbed "FireWorx Spectacular". It's currently not looking to spectacular lol but it's getting there. So.... if i can get Flikr to cooperate i'll start posting my images

The Beginning, 2 stage background with a linear gradient.

Stage 01 blocking in the colour.

Stage 02 Adding more colour.

And Finally current stage, adding more colour and defining what colours i really want to use lol

So if you've stayed this far with me i'm overjoyed this is just one of the fire works stencils i'll be working with, i plan to fill the whole background with possibly 4 large splashes of fireworks and several smaller splashes to give it a full look, i don't want to go overboard though.

The colours will have a base of Red then i go over that with another colour and finally some metallic to give it some sparkle without killing it, so between 25% - 50% percent metallic mixture. So far i've stayed away from using reference for colours but i may just grab the originals that i made the stencils with to give me an idea and a base colour range to work with.
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

irishrose Guest
    Thanks for letting me know this was here... great start! I love the gradient... and the beginning of the fireworx... looks like it's going to be spectacular... the 4th of July all over again for us.. just like Justin did... can't wait to see the metallics!!! Great job... will be watching!

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks for the encouragement Rose, there'll be another post with some more to see tonight, i'll try and trace the rest of the fire works in by tonight so people can get a better idea of where i'm heading, it's looking a lil bare at the moment lol.

I am really just breaking the ice with ArtRage, this is my 1st bonefied project, all the rest has just been playing around getting used to the tools. I love the airbrush, it's my fav so far
    Hardrives - 320Gb main

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

Gallery
    View images
    Update, i totally restarted the project, i didn't like where it was heading, i have kept the gradient as i really like it. I have masked out all the fire works placement with white and yellow to show what the final piece will look like, now it's time to add some colours, the masking will be removed.

There much better i think, notice the two large firework plashes in the background set at 25% & 20% opacity respectively, which gives the painting depth and represents the smoke left behind in the sky after one splash of fireworks has been spent and others are forming, i think it works well.

It would be really nice to get some thoughts on this, not necessarily critique but some thoughts would be nice
    Hardrives - 320Gb main

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

irishrose Guest
    Just like the real thing!!! Lovely work, Silentman... I know it's nearly bedtime for you but I'm just waking... very impressive!!!

Gallery
    View images
    Very nice effect.

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks Rose and Orian, i ran into a hitch last night, i'm going to have to fix the stencils a bit before i can continue, they need to be more refined so i can do the fine details

Also the tablet i bought is gonna have to go back to the shop, the pen isn't responding to the base properly which is causing all sorts of problems trying to paint fine details.

I'll update again in a few days, thanks again for following along
    Hardrives - 320Gb main

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

Gallery
    View images
    I'm calling it quits on the spectacular for the time being, i will be doing a total rework, since starting the project my skills and understanding of the way ArtRage works has increased exponentially and this will allow me to do a great deal more with the concept.

Next time i don't think i'll post a WIP, i may post a Critique, we'll just have to see....
    Hardrives - 320Gb main

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

irishrose Guest
    Was a great try and I totally understand! Good luck with the next one.. we all have to go where our hearts lead us.

Gallery
    View images
    Yep i spent a few hours yesterday downloading Fireworks Photo's from here http://www.sxc.hu/index.phtml if you ever need a good reference photo this is the No. one place to go, most images are 2000 odd by 3000odd pixels and are very high quality and are free to use even for commercial purposes

I have in mind to create a Fireworks Panorama, with the aid of Photoshop's Zoomify after painting it in ArtRage, gonna take a lil while
    Hardrives - 320Gb main

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22