ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Publishing

Publishing

Hello,

Just discovered Art rage, after a while of doing some water colour work.

I love the program and its potential and accessibility is amazing...(no tidying up when Iím done, and no expensive paper wasted on a bad painting.)

How do you guys publish your work if you want it on your wall, is there a good website for canvas or printing on a good grade of paper?

Iím eager to know!

Thanks

Dodgecuk,

That's a question I have also; I'm glad you posted it. I would be most interested in ways I can do it myself with a printer, here. So I think it's about certain types of paper and the end product's size? Thanks for any suggestions.

Where are you in the world? these guys in the UK are good and astonishingly cheap!

www.amc-photographics.com/shop.html

Have a look for vendors who offer 'Giclee printing' (pronounced zhee-clay)

What it is
    http://painting.about.com/cs/printin...eeprints_2.htm
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gicl%C3%A9e

example of a company offering it
    http://www.winkflash.com/posters/canvas_prints.asp

This printing process will allow you to get 'one of' prints, instead of minimum runs of 500 or so plus.
    Also because its a squirt ink jet process onto a matte surface there is a lot of ink uptake in the paper stock which means you can often get away with a lower resolution file

Jus, this is valuable information. Very nice.

Very helpful information. I googled Giclee in the area of Michigan that I live in and found some local vendors that will do Giclee.

well done

It's always a good idea to check your printer for any file requirements before commencing a job.Shopping for a printer you like can be a little like shopping for a GP

Always always listen to them as they are the expert in their field and many of them have a design background and are familiar with artists needs.

I always get a small cheapie done with a new printer to make sure i'm happy with the output before blowing it up to a larger more costly one.