ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: no name WIP

Smile no name WIP

Ive been working on this for a few weeks, airbrushing techniques in general are a foreign concept to me but Ive gotten this far. Unfortunately, I have no clue on how to airbrush a background for the character, Nor I am even sure how to color it with the airbrush tool. Tips would be very much appreciated. =)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fgfgfg.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	98.9 KB 
ID:	30014  

Hi Phil,
    Sounds like you need to explore the possibilities that layers have to offer. New layers can be created on top of the others and can also be moved so that a new layer can be placed beneath a previous layer.

To me it seems that you're an airbrush natural... this is a fantastic work.

Heres a link to a tutorial for real life airbrushing
    http://www.khulsey.com/demo_howto_ai...technique.html (it never hurts to know how things are done traditionally)

you could adapt this technique using stencils as friskets http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...08&postcount=7
    (on layers as Robert suggests) there are great blending modes on the layers like tint that may help you also

Other than that i'd suggest having a look through the tips and tricks section... dali has some good airbrush tips in her tutorials
    Last edited by Juz; 07-06-2009 at 06:54 PM.