ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Information

Information

Hi all

I don't know about the rest of you but i'd like to know from the artrage team how they came to be and how Artgage was born.

I've been thinking about this for a few weeks now as one of the kids from school said where did artrage come from and who are the people that made it.

I hope the team don't mind me asking
    Graham Fisher
    Email: Home cripster99@gmail.com

Homepage: artwheel.org

Mobile: 021-029-75930

Artrage 2.6
    Artrage 3.5
    Artrage 4.04

Wacom Graphire 6x8 Bluetooth
    Win7
    4GB 64bit
    sp2

Re: Information

Quote Originally Posted by cripster
    Hi all

I don't know about the rest of you but i'd like to know from the artrage team how they came to be and how Artgage was born.

I've been thinking about this for a few weeks now as one of the kids from school said where did artrage come from and who are the people that made it.

I hope the team don't mind me asking
    Some info here:

http://ambientdesign.com/company.html

Oh my. . .

I was buying the Rage family thing hook, line and sinker. Where in the world did that idea of a family business come from I wonder? I must have liked the idea to have constructed a whole thing around what was probably an offhand comment in some innocent thread.

Oh well. :roll:

Seasoned and talented professionals all.

ArtRage is a side venture then, planting a seed for young artists as it were?

Main thrust being engineering and NZ human resources?

Makes more business sense actually.

Well, you couldn't have made a better program to get kids into electronic art, with the donations of the program to local schools. Following the Mac model a little in that way.

Good luck with it all.

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey
    Oh my. . .

I was buying the Rage family thing hook, line and sinker. Where in the world did that idea of a family business come from I wonder? I must have liked the idea to have constructed a whole thing around what was probably an offhand comment in some innocent thread.
    I got a bridge you can have cheap-this week-end only. Going fast, better act now.... :P

There's a construction company called Adobe made up of a bunch of itinerant Spanish monks traveling throughout the Americas building towns out of mud.

Seemed like a bunch of dedicated guys with weird hair. Real estate being what it is in California, I bought their bridge. Should have said something sooner. It wasn't so cheap.

Um, perhaps it was because of this that I thought they were a real family.

Could confuse anybody. I forgive msyelf now. Heh.

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5

Yeah but it still don't tell me how artrage was born

but very good info

thanks
    Graham Fisher

Artrage 2.6
    Artrage 3.5
    Artrage 4.04

Win7
    4GB 64bit
    sp2

Quote Originally Posted by cripster
    Yeah but it still don't tell me how artrage was born

but very good info

thanks
    On a fog shrouded December day on an iceberg in the North Atlantic. (I think...) :P

crisper, rather than just dealing with silence. . .

That kind of question might be more appropriate for a business that has been around for a long time and is impervious to start-up competition, like Disney or Amazon.

My guess is you're not going to get a detailed answer.

If I were to venture a guess based on the info in the bios, they started out with other companies, learned their chops and came together when those other situations were no longer suitable. They looked at what they could bring to the table, came up with a plan to fill a hole in the market, filled in the gaps on their team with others who could do what they couldn't and ventured out. The rest is work.

There are lots of business models out there to look at, all of them somewhat different. Some good, some bad, some unique to the opportunities presented at the moment.

Best advice, if you have aspirations in any direction, might be to land yourself a job somewhere in that field and learn everything there is to know about it as you develop your savvy through practical experience. (Just play down your big ambitions, lest you become a threat to your employers.)

Your good track record will give you more clout later when it's time for you to flex your muscles.

Take a good business course on the side (if you're an artist or programmer or something unbusinesslike). It will help more than I can tell you.

Good luck!

true ohh well it just made me think about it

well i got a few answers
    Graham Fisher

Artrage 2.6
    Artrage 3.5
    Artrage 4.04

Win7