ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My 1st Tablet WoooooT

My 1st Tablet WoooooT

Hey all, i got my 1st tablet today and i'm over the moon and sliding down the rainbow

Now i just got to get a handle this beast, i only purchased a small one, i tried my dads and his is massive, i found myself lost with all the realestate lol

I've been waiting for quite a while and gave up drawing and painting "digitally" until i purchased one, i got sick and tired of trying to draw with a block of soap, i've heard it so eloquently said

Anyways any tips or pointers from your own experiences would be very much appreciated
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

Hey Col,
    Congratulations!!
    So which tablet did you get finally?

Since you say it's a small one, i suppose you'll have to get used to drawing with wrist movements as opposed to arm movements (from shoulder)
    I'd recommend playing around with the 'scope' of the tablet (the area that represents the screen) I'd found initially that an area of app 2" W X 1.15" H was sufficient for me. I could cover the entire screen with a flick of the wrist.
    Gradually I kept increasing the area, as I got used to the tablet, and now use the full scope.

Hope that helps.

Enjoy your new found toy!!

The more hair I lose, the more head I get.

It's not a well known toy, it's brand name is "Capax", 5"x8" widescreen, 1024 pressure levels of sensitivity (which was the most important part for me) and 2000 lpi, Report Rate is 125rps built for Vista and Mac.

I couldn't afford a Wacom of any size but wanted reasonable quality for my $99, i ended up getting it @ Harvey Normans for $75 which i thought was a bargain

What do you mean by "scope" how do i adjust that ?

I've had a brief looksy through all the stuff that came with the macro manager and general settings for the device, also through Vista business's tablet settings but never came across scope.

I was wondering also how to adjust the sensitivity of the pressure that i'm applying in ArtRage and Photoshop. Anyways i'm off to watch a few online video's on using Tablets with Photoshop and other programs to get a general feel for what i'm doing, so far so good though, a lot better than the monster my Dads is lol
    Hardrives - 320Gb main

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

hehe, I don't use a wacom too. Don't feel like paying all that much more for a 'quality' i'm not totally convinced about. My only option being locating someone who has one and playing around with it for a while to figure out for myself.
    although If I had oodles of cash I'd buy the biggest baddest wacom monster and paint/draw from the shoulder like it was meant to be! lol!

the scope is the area of the tablet that corresponds to your screen. you can use the full 5" X 8" or lesser..
    that means somewhere in you tablet settings should be a setting that lets you specify how much of the tablet real estate you want to use. go thro the help file/manual that came along with your tablet, you're sure to find it. there's also 'hot cells' usually that let you specify shortcuts/actions along the peripherry of the tablet for whatever functions you want.. (copy, paste, etc etc) which by tapping you can make life a little easier and complicated at the same time. haha.

On my computer the dialogue looks like this..
    hope this helps..

P.S. Is this the one you bought?
    http://www.capaxtech.com.au/capax3/h...sp?code=171105
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by flyashy; 07-01-2009 at 10:01 PM.
    The more hair I lose, the more head I get.

Hey Thanks Flashy, i'll have a lil hunt around
    Hardrives - 320Gb main

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

Woohoo!!
    Unshackled and ready to Rage eh... i'm excited for you too
    For that price, if you manage to break it you can get a second one and still come in under the wacom intuos entry price...
    Be sure to let the community here know how it performs for you as there are a lot of people on the forum in the market for a more affordable tablet

Thanks Rose and Juz, i'm working some art projects Rose, i'll something to show soon
    Hardrives - 320Gb main

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

Ok heads up, do not buy a "Capax" brand Tablet, i've had nothing but trouble with it, i had to reinstall the drivers every day, and in the end it wouldn't even recognize the brush size, in Photoshop.

So.... the good news is i took it back to Harvey Normans, one of the largest Electrical and Furniture Retail Outlets in Australia and got a an exchange for a Wacom Bamboo "not the fun variety" but i'm gonna have fun with it

The best part was is the BAmmboo doesn't come stock with a Pen but i got mine with a pen and for $15 dollars less then what Wacom.com.au is selling it for on special
    Hardrives - 320Gb main

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

good job... on switching to Wacom.

Thanks gzairborne, i didn't want to muck around anymore, i just wanted to paint
    Hardrives - 320Gb main

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22