Thread: Smudgeguard - Great product for tablet users

Gallery
    View images

Smudgeguard - Great product for tablet users

Hi everyone,

This is a fantastic product that stops friction on your wacom as you work. It also stops the surface getting dirty as quick.

http://www.smudgeguard.com/

Before finding this product I was cutting all the fingers except the pinky off disposable cotton gloves. I love my smudgeguard so much that i'm going to get a second one as I really notice it gone on the days its in the wash.

It is supposedly good for use with dirty media like pencils, pastels etc, though I could not say whether this is so or not as mine is used only with my tablet.

Its made from lycra (spandex) and took around 2-3 weeks (from memory) to arrive in the mail.

It does look a little like you stole it from a 'solid gold dancer' so remember to take it off when you go for your lunch breaks
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Juz; 06-28-2009 at 06:36 PM.

irishrose Guest
    What a nifty little gadget. It does say on the site that they are closed until July 8th but will ship after that date. $14.99... that's a bit high, but it depends on the priority and need. Wonder what S&H is?? Thanks for the post

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Irishrose,
    I'm up here in Canada and it just came in the regular mail with one stamp... its light and just arrives in a large flat envelope.

It may seem a little pricey but if you are cutting up disposable cotton gloves as i was, which get dirty really quick, then its a money saver.

Thanks for letting me know that they are not doing orders til july. There is a link from the smudgeguard site to this reseller http://www.coolgraphicstuff.com/smudgeguard-sku213.html
    if people are looking to get one before that date.
    Last edited by Juz; 06-28-2009 at 06:58 PM.

Gallery
    View images
    wow... cool idea.

Gallery
    View images
    I have a few sheets of paper on my wacom,gives a more drawing-like feeling.
    As for drawing with pencil you can also rest your hand on a sheet.
    I have my drawing table equipped with an edge at either side of the working area.
    This way you can put a stick on it to rest your underarm on while painting/drawing and you don't touch your work.

Hans

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Rose,

Glad you escaped!

Shipping & Handling?

I'm going to sort something out from the Garden Centre/Center, they have more glove types than makes sense.

I've tried putting a sheet of paper over my Wacom but I can't see the picture then.

Phil
    Luck is infatuated with the efficient.

Gallery
    View images
    What kind of tablet pen is that? It looks great... does it work like a brush?

Gallery
    View images
    Wow...I've used a graphics tablet for probably twelve years, and this never even occurred to me as a problem. OTOH, as a lefty, if I ever have to use messy media again (pastels...yuk!) then I might well have to get one. But why would I do that when I can just open AR or Painter?
    "Your life is your practice." -- Maezumi Roshi

irishrose Guest
    Thanks Phil! Yes, my inlaws left a while ago So I am officially free!!!

GZ, that's the 6-D rotating barrel pen from Wacom. It doesn't work like a brush.. I really don't like it much, I have one.

They sell them on Wacom.

Gallery
    View images
    GZ, wot rosie said, though i do like it (dont know that its worth 70 odd bucks tho) It has support in painter which allow you to barrel rotate and splay brushes.... It has no support in artrage, but the tool has a different feel from the standard pen as to how it lays down paint. It has no buttons on the barrel so if your used to using the right click on your pen it can be odd. From using it with markers i find i have nicer quality wedge-tip line than the standard.

If you were wanting to simulate a paint brush, switch to the nib with the spring in the shaft and try that one.

The glove is a better buy than the 6D pen imho
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Juz; 06-30-2009 at 06:37 PM.