ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: How to keep track of tools used?

How to keep track of tools used?

Hello everyone, I'm new to ArtRage and this is my first post. I've been reading these forums while learning to use this program and I love your wonderful, warm and friendly community.

My question to all you experienced artists is this: what do you use to keep track of the tools you use while painting?

I've now gone for the option of writing down using my stylus on a layer in my painting, something like "Outline: pencil, pressure 50%, softness 50%, tilt 0%, precise on, size 70%, colour 0-0-0" (rgb numbers for colour). It's not the best way because it fills a whole layer, but at least I don't lose it!

Best wishes,

Sunflower

Hi Sunflower and welcome, nice to meet you
    At the moment I am working the same way as you... putting notes in the layered file and hanging onto that for brush and metal settings.

I have requested an 'annotate' feature for a future version, but for now we will have to stick with the workaround you've already figured out.

Hi Juz,

Thank you for the welcome and your reply!

Hopefully AR3 will let us save settings..
    *sigh*
    The more hair I lose, the more head I get.

I reckon a history save option would be invaluable, like photoshop, you get it to save detailed info to a text file automatically
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power