ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A "Genlte" Request

A "Genlte" Request

Hi all i know i haven't been here very long, but i have one request that i'd really like to see implemented on this forum.

I would like to see the "Kidz Korner" in the Art Projects section given it's own section or atleast a sticky so that it's easy to find and not lost.

After posting my one of my 8YR old sons artworks he was over the moon, it was even better than a christmas present lol, His words were can even people in India see my Artwork and i said yes Max too which he was doing cartwheels.

I intend to keep posting his artwork here, it is very important to him.

It would be so great if the kids could have their own threads, that they could post their artwork too (which would require a section of the forum possibly) unless your happy for him to make a post in the Artwork section that he can keep posting too.

People, these are our kids our children our future, if we can keep our kids from the playstation's and Xbox's and the latest craze my ex got my eldest into the "online gaming" community (she lets him play Lord of the rings online) then we are the winners, lets give them a home, where they can be proud and a part of this wonderful community...

What say you members and mods alike ?
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

I 100% agree with you Silentman! I got the same response from my son when I posted his artwork on here. Also, ArtRage is a huge hit with my kids. They spend more time on AR than any other indoor activity. They never turn down painting on the computer! ...And for that...THANK YOU ARTRAGE!
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    Eckhart Tolle

I have no problem with anyone posting their work in the Gallery, regardless of their age. Though, I could see a section made just for them as being fun from their point of view. Sort of like a club house.

Now about the video games... I can understand one wanting to moderate their time spent on them, but I hope you don't think they are a completely mindless pass time. If it weren't for games like Zelda, Metroid and Castlevania, I may never have picked up a pencil to draw at all. They were the inspiration for many of my childhood drawings, just as stories read from a book can be.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Yep don't take me the wrong way. On occasion it's great but all too often that's all they want to do, no climbing trees, no building cubby houses, no kicking a ball around.

I recently spent 2 years out of my life online gaming, i became thoroughly addicted to it, 2 years that would have been better spent doing things like art. I resent my Ex Wife for introducing Max to Online Gaming, but that's another story.

My Son's favorite PS3 game is Star Wars Lego and i enjoy watching him play it, well i used too.... and there are a lot of benefits, it's great for hand - eye coordination and such.

If i can get him into art at an early age, it may just carry through and be something that he can make a career out of, who know's.

I'm not against games i just don't want my kids thinking that's all there is too life like i once did
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

It would be neat to see it become a separate section.

Great idea there! Part 1 - Granted. The Kidz Korner thread is now sticky.

We do want to implement a kid specific forum area, particularly now that ArtRage is receiving so much attention in schools, but we are aware that as soon as we do this we need to make sure we have the resources to monitor it to make sure it contains appropriate content and operates in a kid friendly manner. At the moment we don't have the resources to do this but we are looking at options for expanding how the forums work to provide this in the future. So rather than doing it badly we're holding off until we can do it properly.

We'll spotlight the thread too from the home page next week to get more folk coming in.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Quote Originally Posted by MattRage View Post
    Great idea there! Part 1 - Granted. The Kidz Korner thread is now sticky.

We do want to implement a kid specific forum area, particularly now that ArtRage is receiving so much attention in schools, but we are aware that as soon as we do this we need to make sure we have the resources to monitor it to make sure it contains appropriate content and operates in a kid friendly manner. At the moment we don't have the resources to do this but we are looking at options for expanding how the forums work to provide this in the future. So rather than doing it badly we're holding off until we can do it properly.

We'll spotlight the thread too from the home page next week to get more folk coming in.
    This is an awesome idea and I'm really glad to see it implemented. One of the great things about ArtRage is the way the staff listens to their user's ideas (and so quickly).

Can't wait until my daughter is old enough to start using a computer. At 8 months, I think it's a little to soon for ArtRage

Hey, I bet you could get some nice volunteers out there to help with moderating this forum.

Excellent Idea O Silent One!

If Kids Corner be a gallery I'd really want to have my daughters participate regularly.
    Right now I don't really encourage them to get online too much and that too only go thro restrictive mechanisms.
    There's simply too much **** on the internet for impressionable minds.
    And yes moderating that might become an issue..
    well we shall see.
    ta,
    F.L.Y.

P.S. Do tell your son that yes, people like me in India definitely can see his work
    The more hair I lose, the more head I get.

Tangentially to that, a question - are the $1 (plus GST ) licences for NZ schools still around? I found newsposts about it, but they're from 2006, so I wasn't sure if it was a oneoff, or just not talked about.

I ask because I was recommending a school librarian buy it today, and they were very interested - they were interested *anyway*, but it would be nice to be able to say definitively if that's still possible

We do still offer the $1NZ per license for schools in NZ, and we have pretty good licensing prices elsewhere too, generally depending on how complex the administration is in getting the order sorted out. We're working on a big educational page currently to get the prices sorted out and clearer but if you contact artrageschools@artrage.com we can arrange educational bulk deals.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.