ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Stencil: Free Rotate ?

Stencil: Free Rotate ?

Hi everyone,
    The in program ruler comes with handles at each edge that allow you to freely rotate the ruler around its pin.
    I'm wondering if theres a keyboard shortcut or such to free rotate the french curves. The right-click numeric value to rotate works, but is a very slow and fiddly way to work and it doesn't accept negative values as input for anticlockwise rotation (although if I rotate 20 clockwise and then hoizontal flip, the dialog will prompt me with a negative value).
    If there is not a way to free rotate stencils other than the ruler, would the ambient team be good enough to consider this a request for a feature in a future incarnation of the program (probably 4 i guess).
    Thanks
    Last edited by Juz; 06-24-2009 at 01:50 PM.

Hi Juz... you can use one of the modifier keys (control, shift, alt for PC, control, option, command for Mac) with the mouse above the stencil. When you do that, the cursor becomes the circle-shaped arrow, and you can rotate at will. Sorry I don't remember offhand which one it is :-)
    WARNING: ArtRage can cause serious loss of time, and excessive smiling! Use with care! Frequently!

“All creativity is an extended form of a joke.” – Alan Kay

Pretty sure if you hold Alt you can rotate the stencil.

Thanks Yachris and Turtleman, woohoo you've made my day