ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Study for "Towards Henderson"

Study for "Towards Henderson"

Just a study, mainly to capture the colors in my head before I forget them :-)

We were driving and I saw this VERY cool perspective down the road, with these amazing colors, and like an IDIOT I didn't stop and take a picture! This is an approximation, but the shape of the other road (divided highway) really made it, so in the final one there will be two. Driving back the other way about half an hour later, everything was completely different, and no where near as interesting.

Of course I realized that it'll have to be a different format; and I couldn't quite re-envision the roads, so I'm building an approximation in Blender! I have no life :-)

And, I'm so busy lately with being on a new project at work (and having to learn a lot) I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to work on this. Time will tell...

EDIT: Forgot to mention that this is using Sketchism's crayon settings: 0% roughness paper, 30% pressure, 50% softness. Sketchism describes this: "At this setting, the crayon tool becomes unlike any traditional media I have ever encountered! It is gooey blending magic!" and it's true.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by yachris; 06-25-2009 at 09:22 AM.
    WARNING: ArtRage can cause serious loss of time, and excessive smiling! Use with care! Frequently!

“All creativity is an extended form of a joke.” – Alan Kay

That road would be fun to blast down about 100 mph flying over each hump...ya hooooo..Looks good so far...

looks great yachris! A very interesting pallete indeed. One of my biggest frustrations in art is getting the image in my head to flow out my fingers... an endless quest!
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    — Eckhart Tolle

I have seen these roads in some parts of OZ, riding my motocycle and I get upset as I love corners!! I think this looks great,nothing wrong with your memory The more you paint/draw from your memory the better you get at it.

Weembaman, remind me never to ride with you driving :-) :-) :-)

SCP, thanks.

Sketchism -- OOPS, I forgot to mention that I did this with the crayon settings I got from you! I'll fix it immediately. Thanks for the kind words.
    WARNING: ArtRage can cause serious loss of time, and excessive smiling! Use with care! Frequently!

“All creativity is an extended form of a joke.” – Alan Kay