Thread: I can't see what I'm doing...

Gallery
    View images

I can't see what I'm doing...

when I'm drawing, I don't see what I draw... when I pick up the pen - line is always much longer... How do I fix that? Or can I? I like this program but this is really a big problem...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gallery
    View images
    go to the edit button at the top beside the file. then go to preferences at the botom and choose precise cursor and then i you want you can magnify it.
    my work- gusion85.deviantart.com

Gallery
    View images
    Not helping... Cursor look different but it's the same...

I'd like to see what I am doing when I am doing it...
    Last edited by Five By Five; 06-23-2009 at 06:41 PM.

Gallery
    View images
    i dont know then. youll just have to get the hang of it. sorta like trying to use pastels for the first time. i really dont have that problem so i dont see why you would. sorry i cant be more helpful
    my work- gusion85.deviantart.com

Gallery
    View images
    It's difficult when I'm drawing, I move with cursor by about 2 cm (inch), but I can't see no change...
    It's a shame, because I like everything else on this program, but I can't work like this... I think I have to find something else for me... (or wait to patch / Art Rage 3)

Gallery
    View images
    The way ArtRage tracks your brush movements means it needs to know where you're going and how you're getting there before it can apply paint, so it can't tell what is meant to appear under the brush head until the brush (or chalk) has passed through the area or been lifted. The end of the stroke looks different from the body of the stroke because we simulate things like how the bristles are clumping as they are dragged, and because our strokes have this additional detail we can't just lay down 'stroke ends' in a row to make a complete stroke and you get this effect.

The stroke is completed when the tool is lifted and your cursor tells you where the end will be. In some ways it would be easier if the cursor was a solid colour rather than a hollow ring. As it is here, you're seeing through a transparent chalk to what's underneath. If you think of it like a normal chalk and make fairly natural gestures it should flow a bit more easily.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.