ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: New User - 2.5 looks different than instructions

Gallery
    View images

New User - 2.5 looks different than instructions

Hi Everyone
    I just purchased Artrage and am just getting my feet wet. Looks like a fantastic tool for creative thinking.

2 Questions. (by the way I'm on a Mac OSX 10.5.7)

1. All the instructions and online video mention Artrage 2.5. My icon says 2.5 but the desktop says Artrage 2. Also, my desktop doesn't look quite like it's being described and there are actually things missing and in different places. Might I have downloaded the wrong version somehow?

2. Is there any way to make the desktop smaller for my laptop screen. The info falls off the edge of the screen where I can't access it. It's fine on my larger computer.

Thanks so much for your help.
    Shirley

Gallery
    View images
    Hmm... Sounds odd. I don't use a Mac, but I'd suggest that you try updating the program, if you haven't already tried it. I'm not sure why it wouldn't all fit on the screen though. You might want to take a screen shot of your workspace with the program open and attach the image (as a jpeg) to a post here for the ArtRage team to have a look at (using the "Manage Attachments" option at the bottom of the posting window).
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Gallery
    View images
    Mine says ArtRage 2 as well, so I doubt that's it - it's the second version, the .5 is is an update, basically.

Are the instructions for Windows or Mac? That might be the difference. Don't think tehre should be missing things though. Can you give an example?

I had problems with the screen going off the edge of the monitor and had to adjust my display settings -but if it's only ArtRage, it may be something else.

Gallery
    View images
    Hello,
    Might this be related to your screen resolution ?
    AB
    kiva.org
    How you can help people living in developing countries

Gallery
    View images

Thanks

Thanks for all your helpful comments. I reloaded the program and all seems to be ok now. Strange ??

As for the desktop size, I solved my problem by hiding my Mac dock. Voila ! there was that handy little re-size button on the lower left side just like in all Mac programs.

By the way, I just took that video tour on the Home Page tutorials. Wow. Whoever designed this program is truly a genius. I'm an acrylic painter on canvas. This is a wonderful way of doing some creative brainstorming before committing to real paint. It's going to save me tons of time.

Happy Fathers Day Guys
    Shirley

Gallery
    View images

Correction

Oops
    I meant the re-size button on the lower RIGHT side. All you Mac folks would be scratching your heads.