ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: alone and a little perplexed

alone and a little perplexed

i feel that i'm just over half way done with this. I've some more small details to add such as a dustbin,the odd rat, some cracks in the wall and floors,maybe an old peeling wall poster.I plan on "turning on" some light's in the city behind as well as a little foreground shading.
    I have tried 3 different options with the light cast by the street light, the 1st only partially bathing the boy with light. Then this option, where it stops at the wall and 3rd where the ghost is also bathed in a circle of light. I havent decided which i like best,maybe because it's "cartoony" it doesn't have such importance, or maybe this is the right one seeing as this is the option i posted with...i don't know....all comments welcome
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I don't have enough skill to be called an artist, i'm more of a hardcore doodler

Dear Delmonte, Hello! think it is a wonderful work, cartoony is not a bad thing,, couldn't do anything like this myself,, so good, and the 'be home before the street lights come on' lesson is a good one,, he should have listened, great drawing! good job!

Hey Delmonte, Cartoony is awesome I love it The look on the boys face is priceless Can't wait to see it finished

Wonderful

That is wonderful work, Delmonte. You have great talent and skill. Thanks for sharing. Blessings, Cathy
    My Gallery here

MY MUSIC FREE DOWNLOADS here

FACEBOOK here

Very nice...I want to see it finished...Well done..

Thumbs up

I think you sell yourself short with your 'hardcore doodler' comment, Delmonte. Most of us are. I love cartoony styles myself. With regards your choice of direction for the piece, have you considered darkening the brick wall? Making the red of the bricks a darker, more neutral red? I think that would enhance the spooky feeling of the piece and make the streetlight appear brighter. Best of luck with it. I look forward to seeing it when it's finished.

wow, i must admit i'm a little blown away with the kind comments you've left me, thank you very much.
    Swiv...yeah i plan on darkening out the wall and the street\pavements a little with a blend layer and also playing with the opacity of the street lamp. I'm a little surprised over the colour differences between the working pic and the one i posted yesterday, which appears to be darker allround. so i will have to play around a little until i feel i get it right....but all these positve comments certainly give me the inspiration to spend the time, thanks once again
    I don't have enough skill to be called an artist, i'm more of a hardcore doodler

So far this is a great one! Love the feel to it. Looking forward to seeing the finished version. The city lights should add a nice touch.
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.