ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red Eyed tree Frog

Smile Red Eyed tree Frog

Hello everybody!!! If you dont know from my previous post in the gallery I am 11 years old.

This is another one of my first paintings although it is not compltely done. It is of a Red Eyed Tree Frog, as you can see! I have also did my reasearch.

The scientific name for a red eyed tree frog is Agalychnis callidryas. They are particularly native to Neotropical rainforests in Central America. Red-eyed tree frogs have soft, fragile skin on their belly, and the skin on their back is thicker and rougher.

Well thats basically all the information I have!!!

Heres the picture:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tree frog2.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	29264
    (//_-) Emo dude

Oh and could I have some help with what to do with the leaf.
    (//_-) Emo dude

Hey kairbarr,
    I'm Justin (I'm 17 ) Nice to meet you. Welcome to the artrage community

I like the frog It looks kind of cartoony (Which I love)

Wish I could help on the leaf but I have no idea lol

Keep painting ,
    Justin

Thank you so much justin! I'm so glad that you liked my painting and i've finally met someone thats atleast close to my age. thanks!
    (//_-) Emo dude

Welcome to the forums, that's a fine looking frog you have painted. The leaf probably just needs some shading and it'll be fine..I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work..

No problem Kailburr There are a few people here around our age, but not many Most of the people here are 30+ But they are still cool!

I think Weembaman is right the leaf does need a bit of shadowing

- Justin

Hey, Kailbarr, what a neat painting of a red-eyed tree frog!!! You've done a fabulous job and show an incredible artistic talent for 11-years old!!!

Yes, I am one of the "oldies" here on the forum, you know, the 30+ or maybe it would be more fitting for me to say 50+ for myself to be closer in-line with my age! I love kids especially those that love to draw when I was their age. I just wished I had have the technology you guys do now! My youngest son just turned 18 and he's been using a computer since he was 3-1/2 years old! He, of course, is very adept in using one but he doesn't have any desire to draw even though he's pretty good at it.

As far as the leaf, go out on the internet and find some pics of leaves to give you an idea as to the shading of how a leaf goes. That is what I do and I can guess most of the artists do for their paintings. Good luck and can't wait to check back later to see your progress!!!

thank you! everyone. and you all are wonderful people and very artistic too!
    (//_-) Emo dude

Very nice. You already are tackling more in depth drawing and painting. It is quite an amazing draw even forgetting your youthful age. Great job on this. It is good to see such talent beyond your years already. I have seen work like this in high school art shows. Keep at it.

Oh, thank you very much, gzair. And weembaman, I think I should put some more shading on the leaf but I dont exactly know from which direction. You can pretty much tell where the light is coming from but I already kindof put the frogs shadow on the leaf. Where else should I put it. Could anyone help me with this?
    (//_-) Emo dude