ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Using Artrage 2.5 with IPHOTO on a MAC?

Gallery
    View images

Red face Using Artrage 2.5 with IPHOTO on a MAC?

I'm getting ready to purchase this program; HOWever, I haven't been able to find the answer to this: is Artrage 2.5 EXTREMELY easy to use and compatible with iPhoto (as I want to take photos and turn them into paintings)...and I need something that is EASY. I will wait to hear from you before I purchase.
    Thanks.

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveGod View Post
    I'm getting ready to purchase this program; HOWever, I haven't been able to find the answer to this: is Artrage 2.5 EXTREMELY easy to use and compatible with iPhoto (as I want to take photos and turn them into paintings)...and I need something that is EASY. I will wait to hear from you before I purchase.
    Thanks.
    As for "is Artrage 2.5 EXTREMELY" yes but it helps it you know how to paint. It take a little geting used to

I'm not sure about iPhoto. (actually never heard of it )

You can upload your pictures to you computer and load them into AR as a Tracing image. If you use the picture as a tracing image and pick colors from image it its super easy to paint the picture.

Or if you want to do it without "cheating", like one of my friends call it, you can load your picture as a ref. image.

Hope this helps you

Have fun,
    Justin

Gallery
    View images
    Hello! I received your email about this and have sent you a reply, which I hope is useful. I'd definitely recommend taking the Starter Edition for a test drive. You can download it from www.artrage.com/artragedown.html to get a feel for how the software works.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

irishrose Guest
    I have a MAC and iPhoto.. and answer to both questions is yes You can import photos into ArtRage from anywhere on your Mac. What I usually do is take a photo from iPhoto and then bring it to the desktop, then import from there, maybe it's just as easy to import from iPhoto, but that works for me Hope that helps. And you know, even if you don't use it with iPhoto, the program is worth every single penny!!! You won't be disappointed. Think of the many times you buy an app from iTunes... 5 high ended apps equals ArtRage... really, you can't beat it.

It works great with photos.. I say give it a try. Give the trial a try first if you're reluctant, and you can import photos from the free version. Good luck, hope to see you around more in AR with your PAINTINGS!

Gallery
    View images
    Dear Love, Hello!, not very good a the technical side of things but, AR will turn a photo into wet paint and you can go over it with the pallete knife that makes the photo look like a painting,, just a quicky example here,,,, have fun
    Attached Images Attached Images  

irishrose Guest
    Lee, that's lovely!!!!! Great reference... I'm sure that this will help!