ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Palette- Weak Saturation Colour Wheel

Palette- Weak Saturation Colour Wheel

Hi Ragers,
    This palette was derived from the Weak Saturation of the RGB spectrum in the same way as my Grey Saturation Colour Wheel palette and uses the exact same hue values. It can therefore be used alone, or in conjunction with the grey saturation palette. I've included an image of the two colour wheels side by side so you can see how they could work together.

Once again all values are within CMYK gamut and can therefore be reproduced in printers inks. Be sure to download and use the .col file to maintain correct colour. Please DO NOT sample from the colour wheel as these colour values will not be accurate.

To install and use this palette:-
    Just click on the WeakSat_Colourwheel.col file and save somewhere handy. Then from the artrage program choose 'Tools' menu, 'Show Colour Samples Panel'. Select the top left arrow on the colour samples panel and 'load colours', navigate to the file you just saved and select it.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Juz; 06-15-2009 at 06:28 AM.

Hi Juz,

Thanks for doing these... they're interesting.

You say not to use the color picker, but presumably once you choose a color from the palette, you can adjust the lightness? I use the default HS/L color picker, so I'm just changing the value. Will this screw things up?

Thanks again!
    WARNING: ArtRage can cause serious loss of time, and excessive smiling! Use with care! Frequently!

“All creativity is an extended form of a joke.” – Alan Kay

Thanks Yachris,
    You're absolutely correct, adjusting the lightness is no problem. For any one hue i have made 5 lightness increments but you are free to take any of the 'inbetween' values from the slider's gradient, without worry they will stray out of cmyk gamut.
    It's when i push the numbers out at the next saturation level up from this one, the 'dull' saturation that the first purple and blue values travel out of cmyk gamut.
    Last edited by Juz; 06-15-2009 at 01:30 PM.

Okay, Juz, I have downloaded this wonderful palette (along with all the others you've provided) and I am off to play for awhile with all your lovely color palettes!

If I didn't thank you enough for all the other palettes, I am going to thank you once more......

THANK YOU LOTSIE, JUZ!!!!!!

I just noticed this Juz! This is the good stuff!!!
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    — Eckhart Tolle

Juz, as ever..merci bien!

Juz Thanks so very much.
    Valerie