ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Runny Paint

Gallery
    View images

Runny Paint

For many types of work runny paint of various viscosities would be great. It would be best with viscosity settings and canvas tilt-angle settings to control the degree of run down the canvas. Also settings for varied container mouth widths, and a setting for pour speeds for pouring or dribbling out the paint. Some sophisticated settings would let you start the pour at one canvas tilt angle and then drop it flat (or lesser tilt) when paint reached a certain part of the canvas.

Finally, for runny paint, splatter settings would be great, whether from a brush, hand, etc. (Splatter settings could be done with modifications to the glitter tool and paint choices in it, perhaps????).

Would be cool.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

Gallery
    View images
    Runny and splattered paint would be a great addition! For now, my way round this has been to make stencils of splattered and runny paint to get at least an approximation of real paint's unexpected behaviour.

Stencils posted here - http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ad.php?t=19875
    here - http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ad.php?t=19877
    and here - http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ad.php?t=19854

I've never come across this type of paint behaviour in a digital form so maybe ArtRage could make a lot of artists happy!

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter W View Post

I've never come across this type of paint behaviour in a digital form so maybe ArtRage could make a lot of artists happy!
    Hi Peter: Yes, I suspect it would make a lot of artists happy to have runny paint with settings that give the artist some real-world measure of control over it. It would surely be consistent with the AR vision of providing digital painting tools that mimic real-world tools and mediums. I'm ever hopeful.

Thanks for the stencil links too .

Best, Byron
    Last edited by byroncallas; 06-15-2009 at 07:38 AM.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4