ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: replacing pens??

Gallery
    View images

Exclamation replacing pens??

my digital pen is getting wore down.It also got cracked when i was using another program and the pressure wasnt set up right..lol. Do u have to replace it with the exact same kind or will other brands work on different tablets? im using the wp5540 by DigiPen. I would like to try another type of pen out. Maybe a thinner pen that doesnt use battery's.

irishrose Guest
    What tablet are you using?

Gallery
    View images
    all the info is in my post. but its the digipen wp5540.

irishrose Guest
    Chamber,

I'm really not sure. I did some googling on the computer and looked at the Wacom site, but did not see anything in the Knowledge Base that it was okay to interchange pens (at least with a Wacom pen on a different tablet). I know most pens come with drivers you have to load into your computer for recognition. Your best bet would be to call the company where you bought your product and ask them if their tablet will recognize other digital pens and if so, which kind, there are so many. I have never heard of your type of tablet, this is why I did not recognize that your tablet and pen are the same names. I use Wacom, so I only know that name.

I wish I could help more, I really did look, but it appears there is no information about interchangeable pens for different tablets.

Gallery
    View images
    I second that - you'll have to contact the company. Some Wacom pens are interchangeable, but I know that... oh, Intuos 1 and Intuos 3 aren't. Once you start mixing brands, as well as models, I doubt you'll have ANY luck.

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Chamber,
    I'm using Digipro WP5540 too.
    I've not had the pen broken, but the tips have worn out. & out here i couldn't get any replacements, so I tried tips from another brand, and even tho it was alittle loose, i managed to make it work.
    Wacom pens won't work with anything else.
    Other (non-wacom, i.e. genius etc) might if They share the same driver. (Genius does share the same driver, because I'm using the genius driver which was updated instead of the one that came with the tablet)
    If it's just the tips you can probably order them online..
    hope this helps.
    ta,
    Fly
    The more hair I lose, the more head I get.

Gallery
    View images
    thanks to everyone, that does help. i will check and see what i can do. my tip is worn down some also. so ill keep searching.
    my work- gusion85.deviantart.com