ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Irises

Gallery
    View images

Irises

a bit of traditional media art i did recently
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "I like to have a thing suggested rather than told in full. When every detail is given, the mind rests satisfied, and the imagination loses the desire to use its own wings."
    ~Thomas Bailey Aldrich~

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by Selby View Post
    a bit of traditional media art i did recently
    hi, Selby...I like the 'motion' sweeps that you gave this one..it makes the irises appear as if they're being swept by the wind..and the colors are just beautiful

Gallery
    View images
    thanks Mary I really enjoyed doing it...haven't had the 'real' paint out in a while and it was nice to potter with it.
    "I like to have a thing suggested rather than told in full. When every detail is given, the mind rests satisfied, and the imagination loses the desire to use its own wings."
    ~Thomas Bailey Aldrich~

Gallery
    View images
    Oh, Selby....I must say you "potter" very well! Just lovely and I, too, love the motion that you have put into the background which then melds into the irises themselves. The color scheme is spot on...I just love all the ranges of blue and green!!!
    Last edited by Eileen724; 06-12-2009 at 06:54 PM.

Gallery
    View images
    hehe thanks Een

well i was pottering...

it did come out rather well though im very pleased with the result but i didnt sit down to 'paint irises' i just sat down to play with paint and push nice colours around and this is what came out
    ~Thomas Bailey Aldrich~

Gallery
    View images
    I like that very much Selby. The colours are great and I really like the movement as if the wind was blowing but they will not yield. Nice job.
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Gallery
    View images
    Dear Selby,, what a beautiful Iris painting!!!! colors and motion so pretty,,, we used to say 'putter' or 'just puttering around' in this neck of the woods,,, still do, had nothing to do with golf, don't know where the saying came from,, so have a nice day pottering around

irishrose Guest
    Selby, it's gorgeous. I think this needs to go in the gallery. I know it's traditional media, but it's still a lovely painting! Great color. I think the irises have it this month!

Gallery
    View images
    Beautiful one Selby.
    WARNING: ArtRage can cause serious loss of time, and excessive smiling! Use with care! Frequently!

“All creativity is an extended form of a joke.” – Alan Kay

Gallery
    View images
    gosh thanks guys its lovely to have such a warm response to my play time

coops-yes it was very windy up in the countryside when i was painting and i think it snuck into my work...he hem i mean 'informed my artistic endeavours' hahaha

Lee- thanks yes not sure where potter comes from either though cause we were a british colony down in aus im assuming it could be putter and we australianised it

Irishrose-thanks for liking didnt want to distract any attention away from the AR stuff in the main gallery....but maybe ill put it in my imagination station thread and it wont seem too out of place and the 'boys' will not mind as its in with a load of AR work.

yachris
    ~Thomas Bailey Aldrich~