ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Palette- Grey Saturation Colour Wheel

Palette- Grey Saturation Colour Wheel

This palette has been derived from the grey saturation of the rgb spectrum. All colours are within cmyk gamut and can therefore be replicated in printers inks.
    A warm red was placed as the base hue and hue's were then incremented 30 degrees of spectrum. There are five lightness steps for each hue.
    I've attached a colour wheel i made up in illustrator to demonstrate this.

Be sure to download and use the .col file to maintain correct colour. DO NOT sample from the colour wheel as these colour values will not be accurate. The Colour Wheel illustration is just to demonstrate what the complimentary, adjacent etc are in the rgb spectrum.

Just click on the GreySat_Colourwheel.col file and save somewhere handy. Then from the artrage program choose 'Tools' menu, 'Show Colour Samples Panel'. Select the top left arrow on the colour samples panel and 'load colours', navigate to the file you just saved and select it.
    Now Paint
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Juz; 06-15-2009 at 07:09 AM.

Juz, very good indeed. Will comment again. Thanks.

Oh, this is a very beautiful collection of greys!!!
    Thank you very much Juz

irishrose Guest
    Thank you Juz, very useful indeed!

Thanks everyone.

I'll be interested to hear your comments as i'm working on a palette for the weak saturation of the rgb spectrum at the moment to go with this one (exact same hues, just a little more saturated).

This is quite useful for those printing their AR art. Thanks for the post.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

I love color and any experimentation with color that seeks to educate and expand on understanding of color. Thanks for adding to my experience.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

Thanks very much Fashmir

Quick question... would it be more useful with more lightness steps, or would that take away the fun of blending ?

Wow, another great find...!!! I am so glad to have come across your palettes, Juz! I've been downloading my little heart away! I can't say thanks enough for your time and generosity of sharing your palettes with everyone. I appreciate it very much. I am "learning" all about color simply by reading your posts and using your palettes. Colors totally intrigue me (and it makes my heart pitter-patter!) and your inspirational palettes spur me on! I sure wish I knew all that you do about color - it's impressive to say the very least! Now, I off to download your Weak Sats palette and to thank you once again!!!