ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: someone destroyed my art class project! >:(

someone destroyed my art class project! >:(

srry guys but i really need to talk about this..
    today, first hour of school: art class i love it and my teacher knows i make and love art, so she asked me to make some drawings on a table. i was all happy ofcourse (i've done something simulair last year) so i made and finished the drawing but then i left for a time. after that time i came back to the table and what do you think? A FREAKING IDIOT WROTE SOMETHING ALL OVER THE TABLE! i knew it was not my best work and stuff but i was so freakin' pissed about it. if we were not in school i would punch the crap out of the guy... but now i'm really dissapointed that there are people who dont let art be as it is... so i went home and my parents saw there was something wrong so the asked: what is wrong? i told the story and they were mad too. they said i should say it to the teacher and i think i am going to do that.. hopefully i get a new table where i can paint on...
    now i really like to hear what you think about this and if people on here know this type of crap..

Dear Illuminati, guess creeps are worlwide,, will your teacher asks you what happened? tell her the truth, if she doesn't ask? you've got lemons, so make lemonade,,, title your school art project somthing like "This is my art project that some jerk tried to ruin",,,,,,,

Well illuminati, this is unfortunate and I am sorry for you. Some people feel the need to destroy beautiful creative things. These things in one way or another are a threat to the person that did this. Behind acts of hatred, anger and aggression always lies the main culprit...fear! When you really think about it, fear is the exact opposite of love, not hatred. When we fear something we run from it, avoid it, or try in some way to remove or destroy it. For some reason your art work (which Im sure was beautiful) was a threat to this person most likely because they are not as skilled as you. Knowing this, will not make it easier for you being that your art has been ruined, however it may help you understand that this was not an act of hatred.
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    ó Eckhart Tolle

When I was in high school (way back in the 80's) I painted a picture in oils for my class final. I left it on the drying rack and expected to present it the following week. When I got back to school and looked for my painting it was gone. It had been my largest effort up to that time and I was so frustrated and angry. I kept looking around the classes wondering who among the students might be the culprit. It had an effect on my relationships with people I had been friendly with up to that point.

What I realized is that more than just a painting had been stolen from me. My trust and contentment had been stolen as well. I chose not to allow the thief to have that much power over me and I just let it go. By accepting that the painting was gone and never coming back and moving on, I was able to return to a better state of mind and enjoy my classes again. Of course I was much more careful about where I left my artwork after that.

One of the hardest things to do is to forgive injustice, especially when the person who hurt you is not even interested in reconciliation. Forgiveness is not something we do for other people, not really, it is something we do for ourselves.

Thirty years later I still become angry and have to stop myself and work through the emotions but the effort of sorting out what is going on inside me is well worth the time spent.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

Hello illuminati,

That was a very unfortunate incident - no wonder you are upset. Sometimes itís very hard to know what to do when we are upset. Usually ďpunching the crap out of the guyĒ is a less than constructive approach that works against you. Itís encouraging to hear you were able to show restraint.

In a perfect world it would seem speaking honestly with your instructor would be a first constructive step, but I know itís not a perfect world so advice often doesnít work as one hopes. What is more important is try not to let incidents like this get under your skin, and reacting in ways that harm you further. Itís great you were able to speak with your parents about it, that they were there for you, and could understand how upsetting this would be.

I donít know how old you are, but I do gather you are in high-school??? Iíve a bit of age on me, and believe it or not you do learn a few things over the years. One of the important things I learned is to recognize that from time to time people will do stupid things that hurt me (and sometimes I will do stupid things that hurt others). The best course of action has proven to be honest about my feelings, look for a healing resolution rather than one that makes things worse (violence and sustained
    resentment do make things much worse), put it behind me, and move on to bigger and better things.

It is honest and realistic to be upset and hurt. Itís remarkable you could come here and honestly share and ask for advice. That is mature and admirable. Advice that works is always difficult to give. But if I can offer any, it remains: be intent to engage a healing resolution, avoid striking out when you are hurt, learn from the incident, put the past behind you, and put your positive and sensitive energies into moving forward to bigger and better things.

If you have to beat something, grab a pillow and privately beat the living hell out of it, and try to laugh when you are done.

Thanks for posting, a courageous and constructive act.

Best, Byron
    Last edited by byroncallas; 06-10-2009 at 12:46 PM. Reason: spelling
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

irishrose Guest
    That's horrible... I'm so sorry that someone did that to you. I would feel the same way... really, that's totally insensitive as well as destroying someone's property!!! Believe me, if I found the person, they would be drawing it all over again for me. I just can't believe there are people in this world that would destroy someone else's hard work like that. I feel for you and saying a prayer that you heal up soon. You need that healing touch.

Pretty sure it was a conspiracy, illuminati!

I'm actually rather shocked that anyone would suggest a student to paint on a table, hahaha, I find that incredibly progressive. In the good old days we'd get in trouble. I think you should get a digital camera and take pictures for keeps, because you'll hardly take the table with you anyway.

On a side-note, because that always pissed me off, think about those amazing grafitti pieces...eh... they don't call them grafitti, I think, but yeah, those pieces of art they spray on the walls and then those damn idiots tagging all over them... (I mean, sometimes it's style, but well...)

So don't be upset and remember this: Your best work has never been done and is always with you! That's the beauty about being an artist and not a collector!

hear hear fahmir and byron fantastic advice i second.

Illuminati- how terribly dissapointing...i am so sorry that happened to you.

Selby
    "I like to have a thing suggested rather than told in full. When every detail is given, the mind rests satisfied, and the imagination loses the desire to use its own wings."
    ~Thomas Bailey Aldrich~

hey guys thanks^^ you made me smile again when i saw the replies:d
    i'm telling the teacher i think and ask for a new table.
    i btw have pictures of my latest project for school (one year ago) anyone intrested in them?

irishrose Guest
    Aw, Illuminati.. yes, post!! Please!!! And I definitely would ask for a new table! You should get full credit for the last work even though someone wrote over it. Stupid people. Ugh.