Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Homage to Hoffman

irishrose Guest
    Boxy, thanks for the compliment.

You know, I used to be an editor and proofreader (mostly for Scientific journals and some novels), but I wouldn't mind helping you if you wanted to make sure all was ready for press. I have done it for others, and though I'm not working out of the house anymore, I do sometimes just help my friends who are writers look over their mss. I would be happy to do it for nothing. Just let me know. I won't be offended either way. I just enjoy reading and having something to do to keep me busy and still up to speed.

Just say the word.

Rose that is so generous of you, I would love you to look it over! I have just sent a copy to my brother who is an English teacher, but actually I did want at least 2 people more qualified than me to sort out my mess
    I'll send you a pm if that is ok
    Cheers
    Boxy

irishrose Guest
    Boxy,

Another thing I just noticed (actually, my son and I were looking at the illustration together)... was that you go through the 4 seasons on one page... starting with Spring, Summer, Fall, then Winter. I was chuckling to myself that we found something else!!! Like I said, always something new to discover. A journey in itself... I love adventures!

Glad you spotted it. I tried to simplify things by having the 4 trees represent each season since the verse mentions them all. I wasn't sure if the sections would fit together ok but I quite like the final effect.
    Thanks Rose.
    Boxy

irishrose Guest
    It was well done and glad to see that my mind is still sharp at 47! Woo hoo! I knew there was something nagging at me to take another look, and another... that was it! Yay! It is brilliant, like all your work!

Ha, no subliminal messages here, move along now. Thanks for the marvellous words old bean!
    Boxy

irishrose Guest
    Thanks Boxy. Good luck!

Thank you Rose, you've been a great help
    Boxy
    Last edited by Boxy; 06-13-2009 at 12:31 PM.

irishrose Guest
    My pleasure!

Cheers, Rose

Boxy, this is absolutely stunning. You are definitely an inspiration. Thanks so much for sharing the pages of your book with us. Absolutely awesome work.

I'm curious. What do you use to paint with? I'm assuming it's the oil brush, but what kind of settings do you use etc? That is if you don't mind sharing that information.
    J. Little
    I'm no artist, just a junkie with a pencil...
    --------------------------------------------------
    You can check out my photography on...
    http://www.anganjohnphoto.com
    ---------------------------------------------------