ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Croat village

Croat village

Hereīs what Iīm working on now. Itīs going to be another long haul, so I thought Iīd start it in WIP. Itīs based on a reference pic I found on the web. Iīve never been to Croatia, but it looks like an interesting place.

Apart from the obvious white space yet to filled, whatīs here is basically done, except for a part of the stone in the lower left-hand corner. You can see how the shape has been blocked in with basic colors and shadows. The details are being added on a layer above the original to create the sense of texture before merging the two.

Anyway, thatīs where Iīve been for the last ten days. Iīll keep you posted on the progress for a bit. Hope thereīs something of interest.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	croat.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	465.6 KB 
ID:	28696  
    Last edited by ScottF; 06-08-2009 at 10:20 AM.
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

WOW! beautiful...

Scott- Your light is stunning. Your mastery of the tools is very evident in this image. I can't wait to see the final painting.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

It may be a long haul for you Scott but boy the end results are always fantastic. Will watch this as always with great interest. Looking good.
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

WOW... That is fantastic..The stone is beautifully done but what amazes me is the green door and the detail of it..It feels like if it reached out and touched it that it would feel like wood..The thin floor sticking out from under it really sets it off...This is awsome..Very well done...!!..

YAY, CROATIA! Well, I'm living right here and it's far more than just an interesting place. It's gorgeous, while not in a fancy flamboyant way, but in a true original reality and natural beauty kind of way. I've never been more relaxed in my entire life and am nearly overwhelmed with the organic beauty of both landscape and old town centers.

In fact, I'm trying to recognize from where that picture is, but then it could be from many places (Hvar, Split, Dubrovnik, Zadar...Makarska...hard to say). But I'm seeing this almost everyday and it's tough to capture it in a picture what it feels like to walk through it.

You're doing an excellent job already and it's barely half done... AWESOME!

Amazing. I love watching your paintings come together. Look forward to seeing more.
    Boxy

Thanks so very much for your encouragement and kind words! Iīll see what I can come up with in another couple of days.

(Until 5:30 pm, we once again had no internet. Sure helps with the painting. )
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Wow Scott this is superb. I thought it was your reference pic but no, it's a painting!
    "Never leave well enough alone" Raymond Loewy

Wow Scott you have amazing patience,this is looking like another master works.Look forward to the finished painting.