ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Forum question

Forum question

I've uploaded some grains and stencils that i want to share with everyone but the forum isn't allowing me to post the URL as it says i haven't made enough posts in the forum. I understand that this is an anti spam measure, so my question is - how many posts do i need to make before i can share URL's?
    Thanks

Hello Peter and welcome to the ArtRage forums.

As you have discovered, new members are restricted when it comes to posting links. Though, if you have images or files you'd like to share (such as your stencils and grains) you can use the Attachment Manager at the top of your post window to attach the files directly to the ArtRage site. To do so, begin by starting (or editing) a post. At the top of the posting window you will find an icon that looks like a paperclip. Click on the paperclip icon and the Manage Attachments window will open. Simply browse to the file you'd like to share and click on upload. When it has finished uploading, you may upload another file (up to 5 total per post) or choose to close the Attachment Manager window. Once you have already attached a file, you may choose to simply leave the attachments as they are and they will all appear at the bottom of your post when you are finished. Though, if you'd like to place the attached images in certain parts of your post, you may click on the paperclip icon again. This will bring up a drop down menu with the options to either open the Attachment Manager again or add one of the files directly to your post.

Name:  attachments.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  145.2 KB
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Thanks Someonesane,
    Although i'm familiar with the manage attachments feature,there are restrictions on the width and file size of images. The grains and stencils i have are all high resolution and therefore can't be attached in that way. I've already packaged them in zip files and uploaded them to my Mediafire account as this is a convenient way for people to download whole sets.
    I guess i'll have to make a few more posts until the newbie restriction is lifted

Hi Peter,

You should be able to post your URLs now. I've nudged your post count up a bit so that the forums won't see you as a brand new user anymore and should allow you to do this.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

irishrose Guest
    Dave, this is why I like the forum so much... you guys are all so involved with the whole concept of the forum as well as the software and you are just REALLY NICE PEOPLE!!! xoxo

And Someonesane, you are one of the smartest people I know... it's so sweet that you're always helping someone. You are awesome!

Many thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter W View Post
    Thanks Someonesane,
    Although i'm familiar with the manage attachments feature,there are restrictions on the width and file size of images. The grains and stencils i have are all high resolution and therefore can't be attached in that way.
    I see. In that case posting a link to compressed file like you've done is the best option (I use Mediafire too, it's a great site for big file sharing). I see Dave has helped you out with your posting link issue, so you should be all set now.

Quote Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
    And Someonesane, you are one of the smartest people I know... it's so sweet that you're always helping someone. You are awesome!
    Thanks Irishrose. I can't say I'd personally use "smart" as a word to describe myself, but I'll take the "awesome" one anytime, lol
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.