ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Web comic coloring question

Web comic coloring question

I'm thinking about using ArtRage to color an upcoming web comic but I'm unsure whether I can use the HSL color picker or if I need to switch it to RGB.

I prefer using the HSL color picker but when I opened the the image in Photoshop after coloring it in ArtRage, the color seems to be off.

I was wondering if I save the file as a jpg if it will keep the same color quality when it is placed on the web.

I would really appreciate any suggestions you guys (or girls...?) have.

Hi wormdrake,

It doesn't matter what colour picker you use. Differences between images in ArtRage and Photoshop are most likely due to colour management. ArtRage does not use colour management profiles, so if you turn off colour management for the document exported from ArtRage when in Photoshop, you should see the same colours.

I'd recommend using PNG due to it being lossless, rather than JPG. However, if you're working between ArtRage and Photoshop then PSD is most likely going to be the format of choice as you do this.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thanx Dave