Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rise at Dusk

I am Sssoooooooo glad that I am not inside that storyline. Even Puddy should be daunted.
    Wonderfully frightening and exceptionally well done. You are one of the posters here who really push this program to it's limits...
    Kind words can be short and easy to speak but their echoes are truly endless. ~Mother Teresa

http://rightbrainedmama.wordpress.com/

and, most especially, my photography at
    http://sweet-harmony-photography.smugmug.com/

http://foxytocin.deviantart.com/

Amazing work Belvrog
    Bumble on deviantART
    Bumble's Photos
    Friendship is the song in your heart and friends are the ones who sing it back to you when you forget the words.

Very nice painting mate,I'm going for the dragon!I always go for the dragons,pesky humans!
    Really like the background too,well done Belvrog.

Beautifully done, Belvrog, and artistically realized on a massively impressive scale (no "Puff the Magic Dragon" here, that's for sure!). The colors...the movement...the "breathing" dragon... I like this (and all your works) a great deal; as a matter of fact, your "Marching Shadows" serves as my current desktop background.

Belvrog, love the colors, and your textured brush work is great!
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

thanks weemba.

Thanks Krondelo. Yes it's completely done in Artrage and done by hand. I think you are talking of the foreground? Didn't use stencils here to get it done, it's painted on a seperate layer, some areas corrected with the eraser and blended with the knife. I use most of the tools Artrage has, for this painting and used alot layers. The resolution of the original painting is quite high, that can give you the space you need for finer details. On a few of the greens in the background I used a grain as a stencil on the greens in the background and the dragonskin here and there to apply a speckled effect and some finer detail, but not much. You can also get a similar result without stencils by the use of chalk and different paper grains for the paper settings. Hope that helps.

Hi sketchism, , thanks mate. I was still unsure if it's done. Your generous approval really lifted my contentedness with it. Thank you and take care

Hi sabena. Thank you.

Thanks Byron.

Thank you coops. Glad you like it

Mair, thanks for your flattering comments, I really enjoyed reading your creative episode you've written for the painting. Thanks alot.

Hi Albert, thanks alot. Really glad you like it.

Thank you radar for your nice comment.

Hi foxytocin, thanks for that.

Thank you Bumble.

Hehe thanks Scott. Glad you like it!

Wow thanks JB, that's really flattering. Thank you very much.

Thank you Scott.

Fantastic paint. Realy beautiful and quite alive

Corr. I always love your stuff and this is no exception.

Hi Belvrog. Stopped by for a second look - had dreams about this painting last night. Before going to bed was showing it to my wife (Rosy) and reviewing the accomplishment of so many fine touches throughout the painting. She was enchanted and I remain awestruck. The more I look the more I see - and the more want to see. Inspirational. And I'm with Scott, cheering for the Dragons.
    Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well.
    Thread with bunches of my AR paintings-conversations. Here

Thanks alot orianelima.

Hi Robert thank you so much my friend.

Hi Byron, thanks again for your nice comment mate. I hope it was no nightmare. Glad you like it.