I got bogged down on a "pastel" that I've been doing in ArtRage, an imaginary landscape. Without ready references, I've gotten stuck on one bit after another, and decided I'd set it aside for awhile to experiment with another tool.
I'd actually started this piece with the marker tool, going for a watercolor effect, but I decided I didn't like the background I'd initially laid in with the marker. I reworked the background layer using the airbrush, then saved/exported the painting in PSD format and opened that file in Photoshop Elements.
In PSE I fiddled with the background layer, trying out various transparency settings and transfer modes to give the background more of a watercolor look, but in the end, I decided I liked the airbrushed background best of all, so I just reopened the original painting file in ArtRage and reworked the flower cluster with the airbrush tool.
My favorite part about doing this piece: getting two images for the work of one. (I didn't flatten the layers in the .ptg file, so that I can use the "whole" image, or export just the floral portion if I want to us it alone.) So cool!
I'll say it again: I love ArtRage!