Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fnished!!! Clint Eastwood Portrait!

A guy we love very much, in this country of Sergio Leone and his Spaghetti Western with him and a bunch of other great actors (such as Lee Van Clift) start starring in them!
    Well done!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Yes very nice work and one of my fav actors/directors and movies.Great painting flyashy.

Beautiful and powerful paint.

Thank You!

I was also hoping someone would be kind enough to critique, point out any mistakes, short comings, so i can improve.
    ta,
    ashy

That is awsome wonderful
    Bumble on deviantART
    Bumble's Photos
    Friendship is the song in your heart and friends are the ones who sing it back to you when you forget the words.

Yes awesome! Beautiful work. Love the touches of canvas showing through. Love the dark and light contrasts and great composition, but really a fine job of drawing and painting that ultimately makes this one stand out. The color choices are fantastic and very realistic.

This is a wonderful painting. I grew up on Clint Eastwood westerns and I think it does him much justice.

Very well done.
    J. Little
    I'm no artist, just a junkie with a pencil...
    --------------------------------------------------
    You can check out my photography on...
    http://www.anganjohnphoto.com
    ---------------------------------------------------

Excellent

To be honest, I think that you have done a fantastic job. Have you tried to make some smoke coming off of the cigarette? Just a suggestion to a well done painting

Thanks.

I realise now, I should have put it up in the critique gallery for crits..

That's very good, Flyashy!
    It's also a really nice study to show some of the common challenges during the development of great skill and you sure are well on your way.

The first challenge is also going to be one that'll stay with you for a while, because it's tough to recognize and understand. It has to deal with the contrast of details, especially skin folds. You've worked out the skin folds on his forehead very carefully and explicitly, appearantly inventing the wrinkles over the bridge of the nose, but with it you've lost focus on the overall brightness levels or rather gradient along the forehead. It took away some of the volume of the head there, turning it a bit flat. These wrinkles, however, are actually a key feature of Clint Eastwood, as they are the center of his iconic expression. I'd always recommend putting the best effort into the key places of any image. In this case it's that. In other cases it may be the lips, a tree, a bump in a street, a shoe...it can be anything, but you can feel it when you look at it. Just trust where your eyes are leading you. They want to rest on something automatically.

Anyway, it's a great piece and you're displaying wonderful talent. Congrats!