ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Another reason to love ArtRage 2.5...

Another reason to love ArtRage 2.5...

... It's a heck of a lot cheaper than buying real art supplies. Boy, they call you guys 'starving artists' for a reason!

I bought my copy of ArtRage 2.5 back in February after trying the free version and it cost me less than $30. Quite the bargain, if you ask me, especially when compared to some of the other art programs out there. I ♥ ArtRage!

Since then I've renewed a dormant urge to draw and have recently started watercolor painting - a feature I'd love to see in the next version of ArtRage, btw. A trip to a local art supply store had my jaw dropping and my eyes bugging. So many different papers, pencils, paints! My total starting cost was a little over $80, and that was for the bare bone basics. That might not sound like a lot to some, but to me that represents a sizeable chunk of change.

Still, I am enjoying myself and love borrowing books from the library in order to learn various basics and techniques. I may never be very good, but it makes me happy and that's what really matters.

And I wouldn't have started down this road to creativity if I hadn't come across the ArtRage site and this forum. So thank you all for providing such a friendly and supportive environment for artists of all ages and artistic levels. You guys are the best.

Thanks for an inspiring share yellowhorde. I suspect AR has ispired countless people to spread their creaive wings. Your story is a great one. I'm glad I stumbled on your post.

Be well and happy painting.

Best, Byron
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

Not having to buy supplies is a wonderful fringe benefit indeed. Makes it possible to get into art without getting into your pocketbook right off the get- go. Welcome to the forum.

ArtRage is one of the world's true bargains to be sure.

Yes, real world supplies are expensive no matter where you buy them and the clean-up is a pain. Been there, done that.

One of the side benefits of AR ... and I've seen this happen several times ... is that it can stimulate dormant or curious artistic urges in the physical mediums.

I'm happy that you discovered AR Yellowhorde; it sounds like it rung a bell in you that needed to be struck. And we all know that bells can never be un-rung. So have fun, whatever your medium, in the full knowledge that your ART has been patiently waiting for you to discover it.