Page 154 of 156 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156 LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 1559

Thread: Moara - Coops

Congratulation ENUG for your beautiful gallery

Congratulacion COOP for you continue the series of galleries over the years
    Visit my website here

Just a note to Lima and Katie: I still find myself coming back to this thread to review the tributes to so many of our friends who have shared their art with all of us. Terrific stuff.
    Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well.
    Thread with bunches of my AR paintings-conversations. Here

Quote Originally Posted by byroncallas View Post
    Just a note to Lima and Katie: I still find myself coming back to this thread to review the tributes to so many of our friends who have shared their art with all of us. Terrific stuff.
    Based on your prompt, I just went back a ways and many of the posts seem fresh again. Had to catch myself before falling down the rabbit hole. A lot of creative energy, wasn't it? Well, what drew me to Art in the first place was the notion that the Art world was populated with groups like the Impressionists with whom an artist could sit around outdoor cafe tables and just socially fashion the creative drive into all manner of shapes. I think this came closest to fulfilling that interest in my life. The Art ran the gamut of subjects, styles and skill levels, but the people. . . wow. I think that's where the real Art lived -- in the artists. The paintings and all were very cool, without a doubt. But it was the artists where I saw the real Art emerge. Terrific stuff for sure.

Hope you're still finding a creative outlet, Byron.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks Byron see if you can get Katie coop's back as she has gone A.W.O.L

DAkey: Ditto your thoughts, in spades.

Eighty+: I've been absent awhile myself. Life seems to have those moments, sometimes long ones, where we must put our attentions elsewhere. I trust we'll hear from Coops again. It was great to see you are still here making all of your wonderful contributions. Your thread is a genuine phenomena, past half way to a million views. Even when I've been away for long stretches, I make sure to check in with what you are up to. You give us all something rewarding to come back to again and again.

Thanks. Bryon. I've just been viewing Moara From the start. Great I did enjoy it. But sad for

Who have gone. To the great art gallery. In the sky I'm only just hanging on myself

OK. CIAO. IVAYA. CON. DIOS. SLAINTE

Quote Originally Posted by eighty+ View Post
    Thanks. Bryon. I've just been viewing Moara From the start. Great I did enjoy it. But sad for

Who have gone. To the great art gallery. In the sky. . .
    Well, not as many as you might think went skyward. Many just went out for some fish and chips and got pressed into the Queen's navy. Some may have gotten high as the crow's nest, I reckon. Others definitely made the full trip. Artists be of quite diverse altitudes, I'll be timber shivered.

PoseDrawSki sez: "Yaaar!"

ˇVaya con the four winds and the seven seas plus a couple trips round the hornpipe makes. . . um. . .makes three pounds six. Make yer mark!

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Is it possible that there has been no action on this thread since October 17, 2016? I've been away, I know. But a chance visit today brought me here, and I was surprised.
    Regardless, hello to old friends should you stumble on this little entry here.

Hi Byron. . . It's sort of the feeling that this particular parade has passed. Was really something to see. Now it's like people packed up their coolers and lawn chairs and headed to their respective places to paint. The paint is still flowing though.

I moved into a neighborhood years back that previously, when it was a new development had young families. And there were stories of their kids growing up together and they had block parties and it was a proper neighborhood. Alas, when I got there, the kids had grown up and moved out, and several of the owners had sold and moved off to some place to retire and that was the end of that social dynamic. So I missed that window, but I have a nice home without the social immediacy of neighbors that I hang with. But it happens as a natural part of the changing world in which we live. I had those families that my son went to school with while he was in school and there were those activities that brought us together. But all those kids grew up and off they all went.

So now there's a different phase. Also good. But those times were something to cherish almost as a gift in which the heart could really express in specific ways that come from communiuty.
    Last edited by D Akey; 04-28-2019 at 03:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Hi Byron. . . It's sort of the feeling that this particular parade has passed. Was really something to see. Now it's like people packed up their coolers and lawn chairs and headed to their respective places to paint. The paint is still flowing though.

I moved into a neighborhood years back that previously, when it was a new development had young families. And there were stories of their kids growing up together and they had block parties and it was a proper neighborhood. Alas, when I got there, the kids had grown up and moved out, and several of the owners had sold and moved off to some place to retire and that was the end of that social dynamic. So I missed that window, but I have a nice home without the social immediacy of neighbors that I hang with. But it happens as a natural part of the changing world in which we live. I had those families that my son went to school with while he was in school and there were those activities that brought us together. But all those kids grew up and off they all went.

So now there's a different phase. Also good. But those times were something to cherish almost as a gift in which the heart could really express in specific ways that come from communiuty.
    Yes old friend, some truths ring more true with each passing year, for each and everything has its season; the past is but a dream, the present is what is real, the future an unknown that will be a past far quicker than a child can ever imagine. Be well.