Page 147 of 156 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1559

Thread: Moara - Coops

WOW 20,000 posts, thank you Mr D Akey you have been one of the few consistant voices over the years and provided much entertainment, sage advice and encouragement to all us budding digital artists, I am sure we all give you a BIG THANK YOU for all your help!...

D Akey. it's good to see that you are still the backbone of the AR Forums. Your consistently honest and often humorous comments have been a boon to more artists than I'm sure you can remember or know. You very well should be proud of that and I hope you that are, although your modesty normally tends to preclude that. You're a good man, my friend, and a good friend to this community. Thank you.

Hoots mon our favourite scribe hath Spacken and I'll be in Scotland before yea

Gongrats Cap'n. Mac. From the Clan. D Akey

Well this is an absolutely great event, especially in Your case, with each of Your word and sentence valuable like gold for beginners, professionals and for having any kind of interesting cultural debate or just the most humorous and sophisticated kind of fun and laugh. My most heartfelt thanks, Mr. SuperMaster! You would be able to blow out even 20.000 candles with the erudite speeches and lectures breathed out of Your golden mouth! LOL
    Hippiieee!!! God bless You, dear friend!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Hi Akey, how are you Sir? Thanks for the generous words and congratulations for your mark.. Certainly it is a great intellectual and artistic achievement. Thats why you are a very importat and dear person for all.

Hi gxhpainter how are you Sir? And Katie you’re wonderful!!! And hi everyone!

I miss the forums… the reason for my absence is that I’m experiencing a gradual and severe loss of my vision, specially from my left eye. I can not tolerate the constant luminosity of the screen through the glass lenses , even for very short periods of time (but I still can slowly paint under natural light)

On my part, I’ll leave quiet that thread on Gzair. This is my tribute to Albert here in MOARA:

Gzairborn (screenpainter) an extraordinary “non-representational-abstract” painter. His abstract paintings, full of melodic colors, particularly the very soft (suaves) shades of blues (quite constant in all of his work), are like sound for the eyes, “kind of jazzy-blue art”, “singing” colors with incredible improvisation lines, full of melody, harmony and rhythmic changes, or, should I say?… shape, value, line, color, contrast, texture, etc…

As gxhpainter pointed out, with his deep knowledge of abstract art: the most sophisticated and wonderful color sense I have seen in any one person... (perfect… perfect analysis of one of the characteristics of Gzair’s impregnated color work).

Abstract art can actually be more challenging than traditional or classical painting. This is because abstract art defies rules and conventions. It's up to the artist to break rules, be expressive, and decide what is art. Gzair was very successful in doing that.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by gxhpainter View Post
    WOW 20,000 posts, thank you Mr D Akey you have been one of the few consistant voices over the years and provided much entertainment, sage advice and encouragement to all us budding digital artists, I am sure we all give you a BIG THANK YOU for all your help!...
    As you probably know I already responded in the general chat thread, and I very much appreciate your taking the trouble to make sure that I got a chance to see your well wishes. It's been a very meaningful time for me, and I'm just grateful to all the people who've come around that I was able to inflict myself upon. I guess when you been doing this for a while, the faces change, the styles change, the dynamics change, and that keeps it interesting to be sure. And the other thing that happens is you that you never know just how people are going to take what you say, and I've had most of the responses that you might expect, both off-putting and inviting. I been working very hard to try to minimize the former from my end, but you know how goes. And comments like this make me feel that a few of the comments reach the recipient with the intended spin. But what did blow my mind, was just how sensitive and seriously people can take comments. But I was never one to just say, "awesome!" And be done with it. Welcome to the world. what a long strange trip it's been, eh?

I look forward to you running at making a go at Art in the world. And with all my heart, I wish you the very best.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by RobertSWade View Post
    D Akey. it's good to see that you are still the backbone of the AR Forums. Your consistently honest and often humorous comments have been a boon to more artists than I'm sure you can remember or know. You very well should be proud of that and I hope you that are, although your modesty normally tends to preclude that. You're a good man, my friend, and a good friend to this community. Thank you.

Holy mackerel! Robert S Wade! as I live and breathe! How the heck you doing, my man? you still got an amazing, graceful way with words I daresay. So where the heck you been? Have you been doing art? I really thought you were going to give it a go and I hope you have regardless of where you are doing it. That time in the early days of the forms when you were such a big presence was an amazing period. It was so dynamic.… And you are getting so darn good. I hope you stuck with it. And I hope you learned a little moderation with your cayenne pepper!!! I remember when you put one recipe up online here and the amount of cayenne pepper you suggested was enough to remove paint from furniture. Phew!

Well I hope we see you around a lot more, even if it's just to say howdy. Hope you've kept up with playing the drums as well. I've been spending some time with a guitar and loving every second of it, even though I don't subject other people to my playing. Still it's a gas! Be well my friend. And thanks for the kind words!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by eighty+ View Post
    Hoots mon our favourite scribe hath Spacken and I'll be in Scotland before yea

Gongrats Cap'n. Mac. From the Clan. D Akey
    Ach! Laddie! So kind of ye to pop in with a few Scotch words Mr. Ploos! and I bet you be in Scotland afore me – I just bet, where I just have an office chair on casters, while you got yerself a whole flippin' bus. Even doon a hill I can only manage about 5 miles per hour. . . and note, that's downhill. No contest who'll be in the highlands afore whom, you packing all them horses under yer hood and all. . .

But when ye get there, keep the beer cold and the haggis warm. Thanks for the well wishes, laddie. You're a right clansman with the goods. And just keep painting away into the next century. Your work has gotten really good. Time well spent. Hoot! Hoot! y iVaya con PloosBoos!

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Well this is an absolutely great event, especially in Your case, with each of Your word and sentence valuable like gold for beginners, professionals and for having any kind of interesting cultural debate or just the most humorous and sophisticated kind of fun and laugh. My most heartfelt thanks, Mr. SuperMaster! You would be able to blow out even 20.000 candles with the erudite speeches and lectures breathed out of Your golden mouth! LOL
    Hippiieee!!! God bless You, dear friend!
    Hahahahahaha! ROFLMFAO. . . Yeah, but I'm afraid with all of this hot air that I keep spewing, that rather than blowing the candles out, I'll make a bonfire. Either way, the wax in those candles will vaporize!

While you are the one who made it to 20,000 posts first and my hat is off to you for that – – sort of like the pot calling the kettle black as to the amount of hot air one has expended. Between us both, the hallowed halls of the art rage forums are like a blast furnace where it becomes more about metallurgy than aesthetics.

You've pretty much been here for the full nine years that I have, and I've been watching the devotion you've been giving to art all his time. I remember that you started out trying to emulate the old Masters, painting scenes of Jesus on the cross and what have you, which was just fine, but it was doing things in the manner of other artists. Since then you've come a long way and you put your own voice into all of the things that you do, and it makes for some of the most entertaining artwork we've seen around here, consistently bringing a friendly quality, and a conversational quality and the light heart to the art process. It's a very welcome quality without a doubt, and one that breaks down all the barriers between people because it's so open and honest and lighthearted.

Anyway I cannot take any congratulations for putting energy into the forms anymore than you have, so my congratulations go to you and my thanks as well. You're a wonderful presence and I seek out your work whenever I come to visit, because I know the posts will be brimming with your personality and a good chuckle, and something interesting on whichever level you address at that moment.

I'll see you in the trenches, as they say. stay well my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Lima View Post
    I miss the forums… the reason for my absence is that I’m experiencing a gradual and severe loss of my vision, specially from my left eye. I can not tolerate the constant luminosity of the screen through the glass lenses , even for very short periods of time (but I still can slowly paint under natural light)
    Oh dear. I'm so sorry to hear about your vision. I don't want to sound cavalier about it, since it is a very big deal, especially for an artist to be losing their ability to see clearly. But having known you as long as I have, and seen your vast range of interests and skill in every one of those areas of interest, from painting to poetry to dabbling with technological gadgetry to having been a career heart surgeon, I know that wherever your vast flowing of energy goes it will bring you great satisfaction because I have no doubt that you will bring who you are to it -- because you are the art form and the outer forms are merely incidental to your expression.

It's unfortunate for us who aren't able to have you participate with us because this is a specific kind of forum. But even if you're doing other things, I hope you will stay in touch and let us know what you're up to. I'm sure it will be an artform of one kind or another, and that something were all interested in is in it?

Be well Dr. Lima. Pour in a glass for me and open a book on poetry from one of your favorite poets and let's share the canvas within the mind. Cheers!
    Last edited by D Akey; 04-01-2015 at 10:36 AM.