Page 146 of 156 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1559

Thread: Moara - Coops

Thank you Dear Caesar, but I'm afraid penguins only stare at delicious fish
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

It's wonderful to see all your work together Andrea, and so well deserved! Katie, you do a terrific job, it gives us such a buzz to see the time you take to make each gallery unique. xx

Thank you Dear Robyn, hope you're better.

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

I've never seen anything quite like this before and I thought I'd seen it all..only joking! lol

I too would love to step inside the gallery and while away a couple of hours looking at these lovely paintings. Just fabulous work.

What a great idea for a tribute to great works of art!

A well deserved tribute to Andrea, love his work, thanks again dear Katie

It depends on the season, dear Andrea!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Great tribute to Andrea, wonderful work dear Katie
    Silvia Bandini

Sorry for my english...
    Click for my gallery
    Click for my Blog
    Click for my deviant

Thank you guys, thank you Dear Katie

Well since this is an anniversary of sorts for me, where I finally hit 20,000 posts, something it took me since 2006 to accomplish, I could think of no more appropriate thread to plant this personal mile marker. it's rather mind blowing to know that nine years have passed since I started doing this. And I can't help but look back and think of all of the wonderful people expressing their creativity in this extraordinary shared space. My mind is still blown by the levels of personal contact that the global platform has provided.

One of the changes for me was that I started out typing by hand, but of late I have switched over to a dictation program that does the typing for me. Sometimes it works well sometimes it gets confused. But it's just another example of how technology has changed how we do things.

I was a traditional artist for many years, but I must say that since the digital revolution, my methods for creating marks, with the vast control and flexibility of provides, it's completely changed how I approach a painting anymore. The other thing that I've noticed, is how much of a leg up programs like ArtRage have given the beginning artist. It's been win-win up and down the line.

I realize that this particular thread, created by Oriane Lima with the participation of many good people was a place to acknowledge our comrades, and for me to come in here and post this misses the spirit of the MOARA Gallery. And for that I apologize. But it's the closest thread to something covering the activities in the forums of the last nine years, I just wanted to acknowledge everyone else's time and how much I appreciate all of your work. It surpasses the limitations of words. So I hope you forgive this one vanity of posting here in this instance.

Ms Coops, we don't see around here nearly enough, had spent years creating tribute pages, new rooms added to the ever-expanding Galleries, has been one of the standout proponents of this gallery, which was originally designed with an open invitation to make tributes by showing a collection of specific artists' work that they have posted here in these forms. And she was a workhorse at it. But the invitation has been open for anyone who wants to create a tribute page for anyone to invent a space and fill it with those people's work. I think anyone who's had a page created for them got the sentiment and encouragement from such a pat on the back. I'd like to acknowledge her work in doing so, and I hope that she comes back sometime soon.

Anyway it's been fun, and it has helped my typing skills beyond measure. but as I said here dictating it verbally, the keyboard falls away more, and it becomes more about what is being said. And I think that parallels what happens with artists with all the new technology that has come into play. It's so much more, for my money, about what's being said, because the technology is allowing for the techniques to sort of take care of themselves.

So paint on! Tell it like it is! Or like how you wanted to be!!! Onward and upward… And thanks a million for the years of Raging Artists and their individual joys shared!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOOOO!!!!!!!
    Last edited by D Akey; 03-31-2015 at 07:05 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream