ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Working With Fonts In Artrage

Gallery
    View images

Working With Fonts In Artrage

Can anyone tell me if (and preferably also how ) you can import/create text with existing fonts in artrage? (so not just handwritten)

Gallery
    View images
    The current version of ArtRage doesn't have a type tool, but you could make a stencil using the font you'd like to use in ArtRage. For example:

Here I used MS Paint to type out the alphabet in a font I'd like to use in ArtRage. When it's done, I save it as a .png file.

Name:  Untitled-1.jpg
Views: 3003
Size:  64.9 KB

Now I import my .png file as a stencil in ArtRage and use it to create what I'd like it to say.

Name:  Untitled-2.jpg
Views: 2035
Size:  60.8 KB

And here it is as it's saved from ArtRage.

Name:  Untitled-3.jpg
Views: 1846
Size:  70.1 KB
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Gallery
    View images

Smart Thinking!

Thanks Again!

Gallery
    View images

scaling stencils

Is there a way of scaling the stencils in artrage? Tried to make the original stencil bigger but it doesn't seem to matter once uploaded.
    Last edited by malini; 05-29-2009 at 11:08 PM.

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by malini View Post
    Is there a way of scaling the stencils in artrage? Tried to make the original stencil bigger but it doesn't seem to matter once uploaded.
    Yes there is. Holding down the Alt key and click and drag over the stencil from left to right, should increase the size of the stencil. You can rotate them in the same manner by holding down the Ctrl key.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Gallery
    View images
    Or just use the magnifying glass symbol at the button move it across the stencil, press mouse / pen-button and move your mouse, it will then only scale the stencil.

Gallery
    View images
    A cool trick is to do your font stencils on a separate layer, then go to that layer and click make a stencil from this layer and you can keep everything in size and add shadows and backgrounds without having to match the stencil to every letter.