Thread: Tracing image question

Gallery
    View images

Tracing image question

Sorry if this is a repeat question, but I didn't see anything relevant. :?:

I want to reposition my tracing image, which only fills about 2/3 of canvas. In the Tracing Image Settings there's a mover tool and a magnifying glass. Neither one seems to do anything...kinda like being grayed out.. What am I doing wrong?

I don't want to stretch to fit or anything like that...just move it off center. When I use the Mover tool in the normal view, the whole canvas moves. Thanks in advance for any help!
    "The one common element that I have discovered when studying master painters is that they were all 'students'." ~ Stephen Quiller

Gallery
    View images
    hi mary,

edit tracing image>scale>then use the zoom and move tools.

hope this helps
    Enchanter
    Draw what you see!....not what you think you see!!
    My artist friend

We Must each think of ourselves as an endless work in progress ....Harley Brown

Gallery
    View images
    oops ..forgot one , ops:

edit tracing image>scale>then manual scale, (which should be the top option) and then........use the zoom and move tools

Enchanter
    Draw what you see!....not what you think you see!!
    My artist friend

We Must each think of ourselves as an endless work in progress ....Harley Brown

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks for tip ... I checked 'manual' and was able to move image, but it shrank in size. i said OK anyway and then edited tracing again to "fit image inside". It scaled back to size I wanted and also stayed put off to one side. Is this 2-step method the correct thing to do? Is there any way to drag the tracing image to resize?

thanks again enchanter

I take it back...when I told it to fit inside, it jumped back to center.
    "The one common element that I have discovered when studying master painters is that they were all 'students'." ~ Stephen Quiller

Gallery
    View images
    The zoom is grayed out... is that what I use to resize the tracing image?

Gallery
    View images
    ops: Never mind again... :lol: I spoke too soon. I was not using my mouse correctly or it had the hiccups or something....because NOW it activates the zoom in and out ....so I can resize AND move it to new position. Yippee. Thanks. One problem solved. LOL :lol: