ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Wacom key to simulate F5?

Wacom key to simulate F5?

Hi Ambient Guys,

I have a Cintique and wish to operate the F5 control key from the custom keys. (Please don't press it, if you don't know what it does!)

Would it be possible to duplicate the action using some combination of normal keys as I can't find a way of making the Wacom send F5.

Phil
    Luck is infatuated with the efficient.

Hi Phil,

I'm not sure about a key combination for F5, but I took a look at a Cintiq here and was able to map one of the keys to F5 by opening up the Wacom Tablet Properties in the control panel, clicking on Functions, selecting an Expresskey ( I chose the top button on the left panel ) and choosing 'keystroke' from the dropdown menu. Then I pressed F5 and saw it come up in the box, clicked OK, and named it, then clicked OK again.

I checked that this key now worked as F5 by opening a webpage in my browser, then pressing the key to make the browser refresh the page, then making sure it toggled the lights in ArtRage as well.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Hi Dave,

I did try that but it didn't work. I'll give it another go, as usual the fault probably lies with the little nut at the front of the keyboard.

Phil

Tried it again and it worked fine, many thanks!
    Last edited by Aged P; 05-26-2009 at 06:48 PM.
    Luck is infatuated with the efficient.