ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Customs not showing/loading??

Customs not showing/loading??

Hi everyone, sorry for the simple question, but for me the answer is not so simple to figure out. I placed the Oil Spectrum.col in my Resources/Colors/ Folder and it doesn't even show up on the list when I try and load them in ArtRage. I also noticed my custom color picker didn't work either, using a photo.. but I figured that was because its a .jpg and not a .png?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

Could you possibly let us know:

1/ What the full path is to the Oil Spectrum.col file and to the jpg file you're using for the custom colour picker ( You can use jpg files as custom colour pickers, that's fine )
    2/ What operating system you're using.

That should give me an idea of what the problem might be.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Okay, well the thing is I did the same thing on my laptop and it worked fine. The Path is: Click ArtRage, show package contents, Contents/Resources/Colors.

I'm just running OSX, thanks.

On the Mac, ArtRage's user files are stored here:

Macintosh HD\Users\<your user name>\Library\Application Support\ArtRage 2\Resources

When you load colors, you'll need to browse to the location of the .col file you want to load, but you could place it in a 'Colors' subfolder if you want to have it in a standard location. Alternatively, you can load it from anywhere on disc. It's best to put these files somewhere on your machine not inside the application bundle.

The custom color picker, if you add a Pickers folder to the path above, and place the image file in it, should show in the Color picker menu - Custom Pickers -> Pickers.

I hope that helps!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thanks for your help, I will try that next time.

It worked! Thanks