ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: How To Animate Paintings & Post a Gif or Movie in AR

Gallery
    View images

How To Animate Paintings & Post a Gif or Movie in AR

How To Animate Paintings

as for animating my paintings for this gif animation, .., first I saved the projects in stages, almost every time I would add a stick, I'd save it as a jpeg...then I just put all the jpegs in a gif converter program....you could also put the jpegs in a movie program, any movie program would work if you don't have a program that converts to gif file format ,,,..but movies are usually quite larger end files than gifs, much larger...,I used about 25 jpegs for this one little animation....... just go online n do a search for 'gif converter'..you'll get lots of results........you can also animate jpegs in most 3D programs,n they usually let you save in gif.

if you don't want to worry with software programs, you can go to these links for online generators.......

FOR GIFS ;
    Gickr.com
    Create GIF Animations online ... Upload pictures or get images from Flickr
    when the resulting gif page opens, inside the gif it will say, 'download to your computer'click on it and it will download as a gif file to your folder.....
    .................................................. ...........................
    FOR MOVIES ;
    http://animoto.com
    you upload your pictures, choose your music, and create your movie...

.................................................. ..................

How To Post A Gif or Movie Image In AR ;

gif and movie files can't be loaded into your thread/post the same way that you upload your jpeg images of your paintings, so you need to upload the gif and movie files to the comment editor...but before you can upload them to the comment editor, first you need to upload your gif or movie file to an online storage site, such as photobucket, flicker, etc.
    ...now after you've uploaded them there, copy the 'direct link' url address and paste it on a notepad........
    then open the AR comment editor ;
    directly under the two little arrows, (undo & redo), there is a little yellow box with a black landscape scene....if you hover your cursor over it, it will say 'insert image;.....click on it...when it opens, copy the 'direct link' url address from your notepad and paste it into the box...be sure and make sure that there is only one 'http://' if there are two there, delete one of them.....then click 'ok'
    the gif or video should show up now in your comment box....

(let me know if you need further info on any of this info )

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-TrueColor-03.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	119.5 KB 
ID:	28070  
    Last edited by MaryS.Hines; 05-23-2009 at 12:28 AM.

Gallery
    View images

jpeg images of the paintings that I used for this gif animation.

here are some of the jpeg images of the paintings that I used for this gif animation....I just loaded them into my gif converter in the same exact order that I saved them in my AR program.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screencapture of prism sticks folder.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	216.7 KB 
ID:	28071  
    Last edited by MaryS.Hines; 05-23-2009 at 12:26 AM.

Cheers for the info. Nice one, ar never ceases to amaze, Pixar watch out
    I don't have enough skill to be called an artist, i'm more of a hardcore doodler

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by Delmonte View Post
    Cheers for the info. Nice one, ar never ceases to amaze, Pixar watch out

lol, thank you Delmonte...as a matter of fact, one of my lifelong dreams has been to create and animate my own cartoons/movies ... go check out my thread, 'Another Rainy Day', in the forum Gallery when you get a chance...I've posted some more animations over there.....n keep an eye on my future threads, I'm going to be painting n posting some more animations soon.....ttyl.