ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Save file

Save file

Hallo!

I write you because I realized that sometimes when I reopen a file, for instance the day after I have done it, it doesn't contain the last additions.
    I've lost a day of work for this and I'm sure that I saved my work often.
    Can you help me? Is it a bug?
    Thanks in advance.

Hi there!

Do you always save your painting via 'Save' or do you export the file to another format as well?

There is a problem we are working on at the moment that can cause the application to save over the PSD version if you exported it to that format previously. If you are doing this, you should use the Save As option from the File Menu to save a copy of your painting file before you quit, that should ensure that the latest changes are kept in the file.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Yes, i did that

Thanks for your answer and explanation infact i supposed it was that.
    I hope this problem will be correct in the next version of Artrage.

Bye

I just got bit by this bug! During the course of yesterday I exported a painting as a psd (for a work-in-progress looksee in photoshop). Then I continued to work on the painting in Artrage for the next couple of hours (saving often). Today when I opened the painting all of the work that I had done since exporting as a psd was missing.

Although I was able to import the psd as a layer into artrage in an attempt to recover my efforts, it didn't work out well because of paper texture issues.

This is a really nasty bug, glad to see there's a workaround (use save as) sorry I didn't know about it sooner though.

Hey!! i think that happened to me,, my last two works, thought i 'save'ed them and nothing,,, could only save in 'save as', thought it was something i did wrong or forgot to do,,, had saved a lot of steps but sure can't find them, will keep watching to see if it happens again,,, thanks all!!!