ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think???

Gallery
    View images

What do you think???

My daughter would like to know how she can improve her work... We just bought Bamboo fun with the program Artrage and she very much enjoys playing with it.... She made the cow first; she knows the sun is not realistic but she does not know yet how to do it right... I don't know anything about art so we come to the forum here... She's just getting to know the program but she really want's feedback... We live in Holland so excuse us for the bad English...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	koe voor bart.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	134.8 KB 
ID:	27994  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gallery
    View images
    These look very promising and very well drawn. Your daughter should do what she is doing have fun and play with Artrage. She will become addicted to it like the rest of us. Paint what you feel and it will always be good but most of all have fun. Happy painting and welcome for Artrage.
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Gallery
    View images

My try

I tried to make something myself... The woman is not my creation; I imported her from a picture and deleted her surroundings... Please don't hold back on critique!!!
    My daughter thanks you for your compliment, but still want's to know how she can improve her work... how do you paint a sun? and a face..???

Yes I will let her play as much as she likes... I don't try to make an artist out of her, but she is really ambitious and wants to do better where she can....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Brandende vrouw.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	125.6 KB 
ID:	28032  
    Last edited by Famke; 05-22-2009 at 04:23 AM.

Gallery
    View images
    Welcome....Your off to a good start....Hope to see many more paintings from you...

Gallery
    View images

hallo

Hallo Famke,
    Heel erg mooi gedaan..lekker strak,
    een fijn programma hê Artrage..werk
    je er al lang mee..jammer dat er geen
    Nederlandse site is..want mijn Engels
    is ook niet zo goed,althans niet het schrijven
    Veel succes.en groetjes uit Middelburg,Marja

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by Marja View Post
    Hallo Famke, Heel erg mooi gedaan..lekker strak, een fijn programma hê Artrage..werk je er al lang mee..jammer dat er geen Nederlandse site is..want mijn Engels is ook niet zo goed,althans niet het schrijven Veel succes.en groetjes uit Middelburg,Marja
    Good paintings, keep them coming, by the way I wish to understand your comment.

Gallery
    View images

Fundamentals are helpful

I would recomend art classes, drawing classes. Learn composition, color, contrast and shading, perspective, line weight. However, creativity, which is what art is all about can start from day one. There is the craftsman and there is the artist. So the training is to improve your craftsmanship so it does not hold back your creativity. Realism is not necescarily the goal but it nice to be able to have that when you want it. I think the sun she used first well with the overall feel of the drawing.

Gallery
    View images
    Oh yea, also Artrage gives the ability to be prolific. I would recommend to do many versions of a painting, move things around, change light source, change colors, etc. Also artrage supports tracing and layers. They are great tools, use them.

Gallery
    View images
    Famke, your daughter made a very good picture, the only thing to correct is the shadow of a cow (see the sun's position and you will understand)
    Really nice clouds
    Would be good to add shadows on the grass
    The sun looks good for me, it reminds some ancient runes or celtic drawings (I love all ancient suff)
    But if she wants realism, then the Airbrush is the best tool to draw a sun, I think
    Good luck to you and your daughter in art)

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Famke, hi Daughter

Face sketching on youtube

Where are a lot of tutorials out there. Just google.
    "Never leave well enough alone" Raymond Loewy