Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hill_Giant-WIP

Gallery
    View images

Hill_Giant-WIP

Hi there,
    I had so much fun last time with Crabby WIP,thought I would start another.This time not using one of my old pencil drawing but starting from AR 2.5.I only just came up with the Tittle then,not very inventive, sorry about that Well I hope I can create something interesting along the way, that you can enjoy watching.

This is my start.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gallery
    View images

It's Not Monty

Well, I can tell this is not Monty, the dog. I just saw him in one of your other works, which I like a lot. But it certainly looks like you have fun with your monster paintings. You do great work! This definitely already looks like it is going to be very interesting. Great form work.
    My Gallery here

MY MUSIC FREE DOWNLOADS here

FACEBOOK here

Gallery
    View images
    Yes it isn't Monty my fav puppy(8mths soon,where has the time gone??!)
    Thankyou cathyd for your kind words,yes I have always drawn monsters
    I got the monster bug after drawing dinosaurs when I was about 6 years old.I remember in grade 4 painting a mural with the teachers coloured chalk over the entire blackboard one lunch hour lol.

Anyway back to the year 2009
    Some more updates.

Gallery
    View images
    Looking good so far..I think this will be a good one....

Gallery
    View images
    Thankyou weembaman, nice to have you visit
    I hope my next updates are more interesting?

I didn't like the aspect ratio,so I stretched it out,think it works better for the landscape style.I want more room for the sunset.
    I also reworked the body of the HillGiant,the 2nd picture you can see subtle changes.
    Thanks for checking it out.

Gallery
    View images
    Hi SCP... it's looking great! Your changes, to make it wider and to put the foot above the landscape below are excellent choices. Looking forward to more!
    WARNING: ArtRage can cause serious loss of time, and excessive smiling! Use with care! Frequently!

“All creativity is an extended form of a joke.” – Alan Kay

Gallery
    View images
    Terrific Scott. Keep working ths baby - it's trying it's best to get born

Right on expanding the width - seems like "rules of 9" at work paid off, intentional or not.

As a mood, it's working pretty great. Has a wondrous light-heartedness - sort of a happy-giant sensibility, almost kind of gleefully nutty. I'm wondering what it would be like if you changed the emphasis, took the giant out of silhoutte and gave him full definition to match your fine technical skills with your utterly vivid imagination for surreal creatures?

Just wondering - he's such an interesting character to stumble upon - I feel like I want to know him better. Seems like he's been plucked out of some fairytail at about 25% through the story. Feels like he's got a tale to tell.

Looking forward to whatever your resolutions. You somehow manage to always resolve to the most wonderful conclusions.
    Last edited by byroncallas; 05-20-2009 at 01:36 AM.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

Gallery
    View images
    yachris Thanks for dropping in and leaving feedback,glad you like what you see so far.
    byron glad to have you onboard Thankyou for your kind words,yes I agree about him having a story.When I was changing his bottom foot,I was thinking this Giant loves to watch the sunset every evening.He is all alone,but takes comfort in watching over his wonderful valley and the beauty of every sunset.
    Also get the feeling he is very old maybe as old as the valley itself.He might of even helped shape the mountains over time,so he had nice resting places with fantastic views
    I'm not very good with telling stories,sorry about thatThen again I hope the viewer might come up with their own story if the image is interesting enough

I will try to breath more life into him painting wise and leave the writing part to the experts.
    Here is my next update.Then Im going to have a little break from him and do some sketches and maybe post more Speedpaints.
    Thanks again for checking this WIP.

Cheers,
    Scott.

Gallery
    View images
    Cool Scott. I like where he's going. Clearly this guy does have a tale to tell. He seems such and ancient yet still young-at-heart old boy. I'm going to keep checking in and watch him develope.

Love your work.

Byron
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

Gallery
    View images
    Hey Byron thanks for the incouragement,also like your sig.Thats why sometimes I don't even have names for my paintings
    O.k I have been messing around with HillGiants look,haven't made up my mind yet and blocked in the Cliff face.
    Hope you guys like the update.

All the best,
    Scott.