ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Portrait sketch tutorial

Portrait sketch tutorial

I made it few months ago for some people on deviantart, who wanted to know how I'm doing crosshatching on my portraits. So I'm adding it here, maybe someone will use it
    Sorry for my bad English, I know that I made a lot of mistakes in tutorial, and also in my posts, but I hope that you will understand everything what I wanted to show and tell

So here it is - the first part
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tutorial1.jpg 
Views:	489 
Size:	284.4 KB 
ID:	27881   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tutorial2.jpg 
Views:	348 
Size:	316.0 KB 
ID:	27882  

And the second, last part
    Hope that it will help...^^
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tutorial3.jpg 
Views:	301 
Size:	333.3 KB 
ID:	27883   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tutorial4.jpg 
Views:	353 
Size:	337.2 KB 
ID:	27884  

WOW! great tutorial!!
    //
    Stefano Fiore - Rome/Italy (Misterpaint)
    // Tablet Wacom Intuos 4 Medium- XP SP3
    // My Portfolio: http://www.stefanofiorearte.com
    // 3D Art Gallery for all artists (my web project) http://www.grifioartgallery.com

Thank you Misterpaint

excellent tutorieal..I'll have to try this out...Thanks...

Excellent ! great ! I will try this as soon as possible !! Thanks.I added this to the tutorial index.
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

hanzz and weembaman - no problem^__^ I'm happy that I could help someone with it

Em...what an awesome tutorial on portrait sketching!!! I followed it along just fine with absolutely no problems with your English. It's intriguing to see how others approach the sketching of an individual. I seem to follow the same process that you do getting the basic shape of the face and then starting with the eyes for the detailing. From there, I can then have the better feel for the rest of the face, hair and upper body. Sketching is where it has always been for me artistically. I too, have never had any formal training except in Art class in high school where I always seem to easily excel in this subject (History or Science....forget it)!!!

I'm struggling though to get that same feel with digital sketching as I do with formal pencil and paper. So far, I haven't been too successful. I am really going outside my comfort zone with the "painting" of my artwork and hopefully in time, I will find it more comfortable and with more ease.

You're a delightful addition to this forum and such a wonderful contributor already in your first month with us! Thanks again!

Thank you een And I'm happy that you can understand me, because it's hard to remember another language, especially when you don't have English lessons and you don't have anyone to talk in this language

Anyway - about troubles with sketching using tablet. Don't worry, you should use to it - it's not easy. I'm drawing on computer few years right now, and I can say that I'm quite happy from the results of my works only from past few months So if you would practise, tablet will be only a tool for you, just like a pencil or other medium

Some people said to me that whenever I show somewhere, I have to be in every place - it's the same with this forum - if I'm here, I need to be in almost every thread :P