ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MisterPaint Stencils and Texture Painting

MisterPaint Stencils and Texture Painting

More stencil fun. Thanks to "foxytocin," and her blog I found these "MisterPaint" stencils and a lot more. After I found and uploaded these I was in the mood to goof off again in Artrage. But after completing this piece, it made me want to get busy with some traditional media and paint it on a large canvas! However, this is a lot less time consuming and messy. And working with the texture mediums in Artrage has the feel of really smearing that smooth paint and the texture medium on the canvas. : ) Speaking of mediums I used oils, paint tube, the palette knife and four stencils. I used a rock stencil with black paint to create a rock like texture. Then I created a little more texture with my paint tube and non-metallic gold paint, which I smeared with the palette knife using the "flat" side. I used one stencil each with black paint for the butterflies, bird, and the flowers. For the butterflies I simply enlarged and reduced the size as I needed to and turned them when necessary (when I first started using Artrage I did not know you could manipulate the stencils so much!). And yes, I did use layers. By the way, if I still had my oriental style dining room suite and screen I would have this one hanging in the room with it since the black and gold give this piece an Asian feel (even though it is not an Asian design). *** Foxytocin has shared a wealth of information on art supplies on her threads here on Artrage. She has a blog here

You can get MisterPaint stencils here.

"PAINTING TUTORIAL" & "USING STENCILS ON A MAC": At the request of a friend of AR I created a tutorial for this style of painting I developed with the ArtRage software. The tutorial is for the "Three Birds" painting. It also contains instructions for "USING STENCILS ON A MAC." You can view the tutorial here. And hey, while you're there feel free to check out the rest of my gallery site! Blessings, Cathy
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by cathyd; 06-16-2009 at 07:59 PM.
    My Gallery here

MY MUSIC FREE DOWNLOADS here

FACEBOOK here

Flowers, Butterflies, and Glitter

Here's another one using MP's stencils. I did this for Lee's thread, "Glorious Glitter," using glitter and the paint tube. Also I used a cloth stencil as well as one each for the butterflies and flowers.
    Last edited by cathyd; 05-15-2009 at 02:11 PM.
    My Gallery here

FACEBOOK here

Aqua and Silver

Hey, nobody is posting on this one , so I decided to post another. Here it is!
    My Gallery here

FACEBOOK here

Pastels and Lace

Okay, here is one for good measure. I did this one for Gzairborne's "Crayons Only" thread. I know it's not a texture painting, but I did use MP stencils on it. Anyway, here it is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pastels & Lace, signed.JPG 
Views:	195 
Size:	475.9 KB 
ID:	27814  
    Last edited by cathyd; 05-19-2009 at 03:11 PM.
    My Gallery here

FACEBOOK here

Dear CathyD, those are all so beautiful!!!! all of them are so pretty, my fav is the aqua blue one, don't know why, just really love it,,, Mr.Paint is a real treasure and so generous!!! you made great use of his stencils and he will be proud!!!

Thanks!

Thank you Lee. Thanks for all your encouragement.
    My Gallery here

FACEBOOK here

Hmmmmm!

Hmmmm! Still no artwork besides mine. I guess I'll just have to enjoy posting work on my own thread! I would rather see some other AR artists' work on this thread than more of my own. I know there are a lot of you who can do a lot better. C'mon you guys. Doesn't anyone else use MisterPaint stencils? If you don't have them, the links are listed in my first post on this thread. But it doesn't have to be "MisterPaint stencils. Any pro stencils are okay for this one. I mean, it's not like this is a rigid thread or anything. Anyhoo, here is my latest. I used several MisterPaint stencils and two of my own I made from photos) on this piece.
    Last edited by cathyd; 05-19-2009 at 03:14 PM.
    My Gallery here

FACEBOOK here

These were early play arounds by me using MP's galaxy stencils. Seeing as more artwork was required, thought I'd share

Wow!

Wow, Kayla! These are beautiful. Thanks a lot for sharing. If you do any more, please do share them too. Blessings, Cathy
    My Gallery here

FACEBOOK here

irishrose Guest
    These are truly wonderful Cathy, and Stefano (Misterpaint) would be so proud to know you are using his stencils. He works so hard on them! Keep going, you have a virtual gallery going here

Rose