ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Art for the blind

Gallery
    View images

Art for the blind

We are trying different ways of producing tactile images to allow blind people to experience art (paintings). We have used puff paint but this is very time-consuming. It would be great if ArtRage had a puff pain brush and would be even greater if the output could provide data to a 3D printer. In that way we could produce tactile images directly from Artrage.

Gallery
    View images
    ArtRage has a 'undocumented feature' for exporting the surface information from a layer.
    From the layers menu, hold down the <shift> key and choose 'Export Layer'. Choose a filename, and then ArtRage will export the colour, bump, shininess and reflectivity channels into separate bitmaps.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images

Awesome!

This is awesome! I was checking out Andy Lakey's work years ago and found out about his artwork for the blind. I have been interested in doing just that too, but never thought it would be possible, digitally. So glad this was posted. Thanks!
    My Gallery here

MY MUSIC FREE DOWNLOADS here

FACEBOOK here