ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Paint with something you've never attempted to do before!

Paint with something you've never attempted to do before!

Okay, time to step out of your comfort zone!
    *gulp*

Here is mine, It is using the tube o' paint tool!
    Sorry, it isn't much... I want to start off small!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    REMEMBER!
    Never be afraid to try;
    Amateurs built the arc, yet professionals built the titanic!

Mostly Glitter

Hi Libidee, Nice colors! : ) This looks a fun idea. Recently I got into glitter on another thread and I goofed off with tracing and stencils. But I thought it might be fun to do a more serious piece. This one is mostly glitter and palette knife, but I also used a little pencil for sketching and a little crayon. I was a sketch artist for years and did a little painting. Mostly my work was realism. Lately I have really got into abstracts and expressionism, though my favorite artists were impressionists. So I thought I would do an impressionistic piece using my newly discovered media fascination. No tracing or stencils. Nothing special though. Just a quick sketch of a simple landscape I did some time ago (from a photo...I think it was taken in Ireland?) and saved it because I did not know what to do with it. Okay, here is what I came up with.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Landscape 1, paint 4.JPG 
Views:	121 
Size:	195.4 KB 
ID:	27895  
    Last edited by cathyd; 05-18-2009 at 08:37 PM.
    My Gallery here

MY MUSIC FREE DOWNLOADS here

FACEBOOK here

I haven't really used the Paint Roller for much beyond filling in large areas, so I decided I'd give it a try as the main tool for a change. Pretty much everything was done with the Paint Roller. I changed the paper grains here and there to get different textures and used the eraser to fade areas where needed. I cheated a bit with the grass though, because I couldn't taper the end with the roller (easily anyway), so I used the Felt Pen tool for that. Here is the result:

Name:  Roller_Forest.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  145.2 KB
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.