Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glitter Tutorial please help.

Gallery
    View images

Question Glitter Tutorial please help.

Hi,
    Im new here and to Art Range but I've heard its the best for making Glittler styles to use in photoshop. I can't seem to find any tutorilas on how to make these and wondered if anyone here could possibly help me out?

I'm pretty clumsy when it comes to tuts so I'd appreciate any and all help you can offer.
    Thanks so much
    Boo x

Gallery
    View images
    I am not sure what you mean by "creating glitter styles" in Photoshop.

Do you have an example or reference link from another site?

D.
    David Z

Gallery
    View images
    Hi,
    Sorry, Im never very good at explaining myself. Here is a link to a lady who uses ArtRange to create glitter. I believe she then exports the glitter sheet to her photoshop to create layer styles with it.

I can't post the link as not enough posts yet. The site is called Fergalicious blogspot if you google it you should find it no problem.

I need to learn how to make the glitter in the first place so any help with this would be very much appreciated. It need to be a sheet large enough to creat a seamless tile or pattern (hope that makes sense)
    Thanks so much for your time
    Boo x

Gallery
    View images
    Ah, the glitter tool is one of the tools in the full edition.
    If you have a look down in the tool section on the bottom left, you should find it.

All you need to do then is play with colours and sizes and shapes until you have what you want.

Gallery
    View images

Glitter Blog

Hi Boo, I tried to check out the blog to understand what you are talking about, but all I get is a singer's blog. I did not see anything about digital art or glitter art or anything. You should be able to post the link soon. You don't have to make many posts before you can post links too.
    My Gallery here

MY MUSIC FREE DOWNLOADS here

FACEBOOK here

Gallery
    View images
    Hello boo6204,

I also can't find the particular blog you mentioned, but maybe I can help anyhow (if you still need it at this point). For those of you who don't know what a Photoshop Style is, it is a particular range of settings that are used on a single layer to change that layers appearance. Whatever is done on this layer, whether it is brush strokes, fills or text will take on the effects set within the layers style. So. How would make one that uses ArtRage Glitter (as a backdrop I'm assuming) was the original question. Here's what you do:

1 - Create a new document in ArtRage 2.5 (it has to be the full version or the glitter tool will be locked). Make the document about 500 x 500 pixels.

2 - Choose the color (or colors) you want your glitter to be and completely fill in the entire page with glitter. It should look something like the image below:

Name:  g1.jpg
Views: 21296
Size:  92.4 KB

3 - Export the image as a PNG file (I called it glitter, so the file would be glitter.png).

4 - Open Photoshop and then open the glitter.png within Photoshop.

5 - Select Filter (at the top of Photoshops window) and highlight Other and then select the Offset option (see image below).

Name:  g2.jpg
Views: 9647
Size:  87.7 KB

6 - After playing with the Offset options, you should end up with an image that has two straight line going through it. It may be difficult to see in my image, so I put arrowed lines showing the location below.

Name:  g3.jpg
Views: 9250
Size:  132.4 KB

The reason we do the Offset is so we can eliminate these lines and make a perfectly tiled image. So, on to step...

7 - Select the Clone Stamp tool. Be sure it's not the Pattern Stamp tool, by left clicking and holding down the button to bring up the floating menu with the two stamps listed (See image below).

Name:  g4.jpg
Views: 9146
Size:  21.1 KB

*tutorial continued in next post*
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Gallery
    View images
    8 - Find an area on the glitter.png that does not have a line in it. Hold down the Alt key and left click over this area to set the spot the clone stamp will copy from. Now release the Alt key and begin coloring over the lines.

Name:  g5.jpg
Views: 9419
Size:  139.1 KB

Name:  g6.jpg
Views: 9191
Size:  141.2 KB

9 - Once you have effectively covered over the lines, you are ready to define the image as a Pattern. To do this, click on Select at the top of Photoshop and select the All option.

Name:  g7.jpg
Views: 8724
Size:  31.9 KB

10 - Now select Edit and click on the Define Pattern option. In the window that opens, name the pattern "glitter" (or whatever you'd like really).

Name:  g8.jpg
Views: 8621
Size:  80.3 KB

*Continued in next post*

Gallery
    View images
    11 - With the pattern created, you are ready to make your Style. You can close the "glitter.png" file you had opened in PS (photoshop) and Create a new document at about 1000 x 1000 (for testing purposes).

12 - Create a new blank layer for the document.

13 - Right click on the new layer to bring up the layer menu and select Blending Options to open the Layer Style window.

Name:  g9.jpg
Views: 8447
Size:  63.4 KB

14 - You'll see a number of different options in the Layer Style window, all of which can used to change the layers effect. I won't go over them all, because it'd take much to much time to describe what they all do, but you should play around with all of them to see how they change things. For now just select and check mark Pattern Overlay.

Name:  g10.jpg
Views: 8363
Size:  49.0 KB

15 - With Pattern Overlay selected, click on the Pattern box and select the glitter pattern you made (it will probably be the last one in the menu).

Name:  g11.jpg
Views: 8307
Size:  60.0 KB

16 - At this point if you put anything on this layer, it will be filled in with your glitter pattern. You could leave it as simple as this if you'd like and continue on to make this a saved "Style" for use in the future or you could make other changes to it using the other Layer Style options. But for the purpose of the tutorial, I'm going to say I'm happy with it and continue...

17 - To save the Style, open the Layer Style window again (if you don't still have it opened) and click on the New Style button. In the window that opens, give the Style a name and then click Okay. Your Style should now be saved and ready for quick use whenever you want to use it.

Name:  g12.jpg
Views: 8068
Size:  67.9 KB

18 - To use your style, create a new layer and then open the Style menu by selecting Window and then clicking on Styles. Then menu should appear near the color and swatches menus. Just find and click your "Style" and the new layer will automatically take on it's saved attributes.

Name:  g13.jpg
Views: 8012
Size:  27.2 KB

irishrose Guest
    WOW! You rock!

Gallery
    View images

Great Tutorial!

That is an awesome tutorial, someonesane! Thanks for posting it.
    My Gallery here

MY MUSIC FREE DOWNLOADS here

FACEBOOK here